I don’t get Verizon.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
My wife has Verizon and where we went she had no service and I did * Also T-Mobile also got new coverage areas with the merger of Sprint. Both of pros and cons. Best coverage is att and then Verizon but T-Mobile is quickly catching up or probably is already caught up.

Like I said it all depends where you live. In my area, Verizon is the best, then AT&T and last T-Mobile. My daughter is on T-Mobile and complains everyday about her service. I’m not switching her until she is older.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
With more time past, I know T Mobile's improving but my circle of associates in the US still notice the Verizon advantage for coverage.

I also have a hard time believing what some say about the plans and service because my department supports all IT and telecom for nearly 1000 employees and their own devices for mobile access to HR and schedules. People seem to be confusing the ultra wide band for standard service.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
My wife has Verizon and where we went she had no service and I did ????????????*♂️ Also T-Mobile also got new coverage areas with the merger of Sprint. Both of pros and cons. Best coverage is att and then Verizon but T-Mobile is quickly catching up or probably is already caught up.

T Mobile is trash in my area in the midwest. Verizon is overwhelmingly the better option in my area. I believe in general, Verizon still leads in overall coverage. T Mobile has them beat in download speeds. So if you are in an area that has good T Mobile coverage, it's probably the better option. But I've found in my travels, Verizon has a much larger footprint. More often than not, my phone just works.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
What we don’t know is what plan the OP has. For those who’ve been with VZW long enough know that at some point if you want to make a change, your plan is so old that you’re only option is to change plans if you want to upgrade. But at least they (VZW) came right out and told me my plan was ancient and any changes would require a new plan.

I ran into this many years ago with Big Red and jumped to another carrier. 10+ years later I have yet to run into that same issue with the carrier I’m on now.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
What we don’t know is what plan the OP has. For those who’ve been with VZW long enough know that at some point if you want to make a change, your plan is so old that you’re only option is to change plans if you want to upgrade. But at least they (VZW) came right out and told me my plan was ancient and any changes would require a new plan.

I ran into this many years ago with Big Red and jumped to another carrier. 10+ years later I have yet to run into that same issue with the carrier I’m on now.

I’ve been with Verizon since August 2020, and I love them! I don’t pay over $100 for the Get More Unlimited Plan (I have the old one) and the service has been superb over T-Mobile (old carrier). It has been like night and day for me and I couldn’t be happier since switching. Their customer service has also been great.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I’ve been with Verizon since August 2020, and I love them! I don’t pay over $100 for the Get More Unlimited Plan (I have the old one) and the service has been superb over T-Mobile (old carrier). It has been like night and day for me and I couldn’t be happier since switching. Their customer service has also been great.

For me, it's exactly the opposite. I pay $80.00 for 3 lines with Tmo's Over 55 unlimited plan. I'm in SW Florida, and my service is great. Got burned by Verizon years ago, and i'll never go back to Big Red. For me, it's Big Magenta.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
For me, it's exactly the opposite. I pay $80.00 for 3 lines with Tmo's Over 55 unlimited plan. I'm in SW Florida, and my service is great. Got burned by Verizon years ago, and i'll never go back to Big Red. For me, it's Big Magenta.

We were in Miami Florida again earlier last year and my service was working 50% of the time with dropped calls and no service popping up on the screen. I thought it would’ve gotten better since 2018 when we were there before.

ibcop

Nov 16, 2020
Visit site
Yup, the Red Devil has the most expensive plans around, but I can honestly say I've always had service no matter where I go. But....I'd like to try Tmo to see how they are in my area without a commitment.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Yup, the Red Devil has the most expensive plans around, but I can honestly say I've always had service no matter where I go. But....I'd like to try Tmo to see how they are in my area without a commitment.

If you don’t want a commitment then just sign up for Google Fi if you have a phone capable of esim. It uses only T-Mobile’s network on the iPhone.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I’m the OP and in retrospect I chock up my experience to a Verizon salesperson that either was misinformed, or who perhaps was incentivized to sell plan upgrades and was willing to mislead to do so.

I have a good 55+ unlimited plan that is also discounted because I’m a government employee. I was able to keep that plan on my iPhone 12 Pro after all (there is another phone and an iPad on the account). I was told that I wouldn’t have access to the 5G network, but there is limited 5G connectivity in my area so I didn’t care. But after getting a new SIM card for the phone (purchased from Apple) from Verizon (at no cost), the iPhone does tell me I’m connecting to a 5G network at times and everything works fine. To upgrade my plan I would have been paying significantly more per month.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
That’s sad. T-Mobile has let its customers stay on their same plans with no increase and it includes 5G. All we had to do was swap to the new 5G SIM cards so we could use stand alone 5G.

I have T-Mobile as my Carrier, Getting 140-160 mb down during the day at my home office. T-Mobile has come a very long way. I had Verizon, Dropped them, Service was terrible. Never been happier. THANK YOU T-Mobile.
Vinny

NewYorkChic

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I just walked into a Verizon store to trade in my iPhone X 256gb for an iPhone 12 Pro Max 512gb phone. To purchase and use the iPhone 12, I am required to sign up for a new 5g plan that costs $40 more per month than what I’m paying now for the top unlimited 4g plan. I’m in upstate NY where there is no 5G and will be no 5G network for a couple of years. I really don’t get this. Verizon was kind enough to suggest that I purchase a 4G iPhone 11 instead. I’m not sure there is a point to upgrading, and I really wanted the iPhone 12 Pro Max. Oh well.

5G is in Albany

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Is this code ?

LOL, I don't think so. Albany is in upstate NY.

Try walking into a T-Mobile or AT&T store. Verizon(Big Red), is a Big Ripoff.

It does seem so much more expensive than other carriers. My cousin lives in a rural area about 30 minutes outside of Seattle. She switched to TMO a few months ago, and has been noticing that her service isn't has good, when she's at home. When she's closer to the city, or traveling to places like Southern California, she has no issues.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
When I purchased my 12 Pro Max nothing changed. Only if I wanted to the UW then I’d pay more. But there is no UW in my area so I don’t. Plus, I have 5G turned off since it’s just the same speeds as 4G in my area.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jp8