• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

How to view received emails in full screen

Ed1944

Jul 24, 2021
Visit site
I find this fairly frustrating when using iCloud email. When trying to read a received email, everything is squeezed into the right third of the screen. Pinching out does nothing to magnify that part of the screen. No other email client does that. They all allow viewing an email in full screen. How do I get i -mail to do that? Thanks. Ed

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
You can make your message use up the whole screen by turning your iPad into portrait mode.

Otherwise, the closest I reached is to have the message in an overlay above the usual landscape two column view.

Ed1944

Jul 24, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, Ed7789. I always use landscape mode. That's the way my iPad is set up since I use it like a laptop. It would be quite inconvenient to have to turn the device physically to watch in portrait mode. If that's what it takes, I'll just live with i-mail the way it is. It's just a curious thing that none of my other email clients behave that way; I always have a full screen view of received emails with Gmail, for example. Same with Hotmail, AOL, Yahoo and Protonmail. i-mail is just a different animal, I guess.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I find this fairly frustrating when using iCloud email. When trying to read a received email, everything is squeezed into the right third of the screen. Pinching out does nothing to magnify that part of the screen. No other email client does that. They all allow viewing an email in full screen. How do I get i -mail to do that? Thanks. Ed

I also use landscape mode and agree that it’s very frustrating!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman