Bamagrl2010

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok, am I missing something? I cannot get Absinthe to run on my computer. I downloaded the updated Absinthe. I was following the instructions off of another site. The download instructions are as follows:

Step 1: Download Absinthe for Mac from this link and Windows from this link and save the application in a folder named "Absinthe" on your desktop.

Step 2: Double click the Absinthe zip file and extract the application to the Absinthe folder (Windows users). Navigate back to the Absinthe folder and launch the Absinthe application.

Windows users: Please launch the application as an Administrator. Right Click on the Absinthe exe and select the "Run as Administrator" option.

Step 3: After launching Absinthe, you will be prompted to connect your iPhone.

Ok, so I am running Windows Vista, IE 8. I extract, right click, run as admin, then a windows command prompt pops up. It starts running scripts down the page. It goes for about 30 seconds, then the window disappears and nothing ever happens. I right click again, run as admin, and the same thing happens. What am I doing wrong? Is there a step I am missing?:confused:

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, I've never jail broken with a Windows based machine (our family has an iMac and I have an older MacBook from college).

Going back to basics here, but maybe try uninstalling the program and restarting the computer. Once it reboots, start the process over. Also, would it be possible for you to log in as the administrator while you are conducting the jail break? Maybe a Windows user, with a little more knowledge about this, can chime in?

With the Mac version, you download the software, install it, hook up your iPhone and click jailbreak. About 20 minutes later, viola! JB iPhone.

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
There should be folder installed on your desktop labeled absinthe-win-2.0.1.exe. The absinthe program should be installed in that folder. You JB from the .exe file.

Sent from my JB'd iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, am I missing something? I cannot get Absinthe to run on my computer. I downloaded the updated Absinthe. I was following the instructions off of another site. The download instructions are as follows:

Step 1: Download Absinthe for Mac from this link and Windows from this link and save the application in a folder named "Absinthe" on your desktop.

Step 2: Double click the Absinthe zip file and extract the application to the Absinthe folder (Windows users). Navigate back to the Absinthe folder and launch the Absinthe application.

Windows users: Please launch the application as an Administrator. Right Click on the Absinthe exe and select the "Run as Administrator" option.

Step 3: After launching Absinthe, you will be prompted to connect your iPhone.

Ok, so I am running Windows Vista, IE 8. I extract, right click, run as admin, then a windows command prompt pops up. It starts running scripts down the page. It goes for about 30 seconds, then the window disappears and nothing ever happens. I right click again, run as admin, and the same thing happens. What am I doing wrong? Is there a step I am missing?:confused:

The original installer you download extracts the program. Look for a new folder in the same place as the extractor. Open it and jailbreak away. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4