Has anyone had any issues with find my iPhone

moshe5368

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I travel weekly and my wife tracks my progress using location info with iMessage and find my iPhone. This last week I picked up 2 iPhone 8 plus models and we set them up. Since then, she tells me the location data is no longer accurate. I also have a series 1 Apple Watch. She checked my location today and she told me the phone and watch showed 15 miles apart on Apple maps. Never experienced this with my 6S plus.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with it. I also highly recommend the Life 360 app. I've been using it for quite a few years (first with my kids when they were younger, and now with my husband). There's a "Check In" feature, a "Panic" button feature, blips on the map showing where the police departments, fire departments, and hospitals are, reported crimes (car/home break-ins etc), and there is also an option to show you where convicted child predators live (important if you have children). I like being able to look at the map inside of Life 360 and watch in real time where he's driving. And when I go out with one of my girl friends he can see where I am and know that I am safe. I can tap a button and do a check in.

I've had the free version of the app for quite a long time and only recently decided to buy a subscription for Driver Protect (crash detection with emergency response, driving analysis and weekly report with 24/7 driver care support). This covers anyone you add to your family circle (everyone in your circle must have the app installed. works on both Android and iPhone).

You can also set up what I call hot zones. For example, when my husband travels I have a hot zone set for the address of Chicago O'Hare, when he gets to that airport I get a notification on my phone letting me know he arrived. I also get one when he leaves. This is handy because he doesn't have to stop and text me that he made it there OK. This is good for kids too... you can set up the school address and get notified when they arrive and when they leave.

No issues with battery life and this app either. :yes:

moshe5368

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I’ll look into this app. I drive about 4000 miles weekly all over the country so it would be a nice app. I was just concerned about the issue of the inaccuracies with find my iPhone that seem to have begun with iOS 11.0.1. I’ll suggest this app to my wife.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB