Happy or Not Happy With Your iPhone 3GS?

Pleased with your iPhone 3G S?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
Love my new 3Gs. Like everyone's saying: much faster at everything than my 3G. Crazy difference.

Here's something I noticed that I haven't seen anyone else say yet. The calculator app has a different background than my 3G (which is running 3.0). It is not greyer between the buttons and has a textured look. Either its diff, or my 3G's screen was too dark to show it before.

iphonemilk

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
I like how there's 4 people who voted "No"

I think there should be some validation in Polling that people should proove they even have a 3Gs... and not a *cough* blackberry.

Sort of like validating before Reviewing an iPhone app :p

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I love it. I'm Not gonna lie. I just feel more content with certain things. Maybe it's just that i had an iPhone already and I spoiled my self.

Over all I would say that I love it.

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
After spending less than a day with the 3Gs I am SO glad I upgraded from my Samsung Instinct. IMHO the Instinct is a iphone wannabe that doesn't even come close.

Now if you will excuse me, I still have a few dollars of availability on a couple of my credit cards so it's time to visit the app store. :D

chadizze

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
SO I just was on my iPhone, using speaker, and saw a few cracks by the volume control already! I read it was an issue on 3G. Is it anything to worry about? Should I contact Apple?

So I contacted Apple, who told me that I could go to ATT and get a new phone even though I ordered through Apple. Well I was on the phone with ATT for 30 min and he sent me back to Apple. Now it will take probably 2 weeks to get a new phone. Craziness! I don't see why I can't just go to ATT and exchange but whatever if they wanna pay the shipping it's their cost.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I really love mine. I can't believe how much snappier it is. I did some comparisons side by side with my 3G and couldn't believe the difference. I had a lot of problems with activation,but I finally just switched my sim and voila...activated. I can't believe the 3 AT&T reps told me it wouldn't work.

cattsquared

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
First and foremost, props to the FedEx driver who tried to deliver my phone to me 3 times on Friday!

On to the iPhone. Love it!
The speed is amazing and I'm love the camera and video. The quality is a definate improvement over the previous version. Bonus is having twice the storage that I previously had.

I've raved about it so much that 3 of my friends who are still 3G users are actually going to jump in and upgrade as well.

Now to get signed up with MobileMe ...

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
So I contacted Apple, who told me that I could go to ATT and get a new phone even though I ordered through Apple. Well I was on the phone with ATT for 30 min and he sent me back to Apple. Now it will take probably 2 weeks to get a new phone. Craziness! I don't see why I can't just go to ATT and exchange but whatever if they wanna pay the shipping it's their cost.

If you got it from Apple, go to the Apple store with your receipt and switch it out. If you ordered online, then you should have the sales receipt that came in the bag. If you ordered from AT&T, go into the store and switch it out with your receipt.

Soldier1969

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I made an appointment at Best Buy Friday at 230pm walked in got it activated walked out in less then 30 min no lines. Upgraded from my first gen 8gb so it was huge improvement to me. Everything is fast compared to what I had. Plus 32Gb sure helps alot and got the $299 price. Well worth it!

chadizze

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
If you got it from Apple, go to the Apple store with your receipt and switch it out. If you ordered online, then you should have the sales receipt that came in the bag. If you ordered from AT&T, go into the store and switch it out with your receipt.

Thanks for the reply...I did order from Apple, which is where my problem is. There is no local Apple store. The first person I talked to told me I could just go to AT&T so I called them and got led back to Apple. Now AT&T has to do some verify thing that takes 7-10 days and then I will call Apple back and place my order for a new phone and ship mine back. It doesn't make sense to me that there are this many steps. So mad that I have been waiting forever for this and now mine is messed up. grr

Shangraham

May 28, 2009
Visit site
The hubby and I picked up our 3Gs yesterday. After being told that AT&T's store didn't have any in stock we headed over to our local Apple store. We were the first in line at that time and apparently just missed a huge line. By the time we got there around 4pm they were already out of the 16g black phones but I was leaning towards white anyway. We were in and out of there in 30 minutes with our new 16gig white iphones. The Apple concierge activated the phones in the store for us and that took about 10 seconds per phone. Everything went so smoothly. I was prepared for the absolute worst and it was just flawless. Nice job Apple Store in Novi, Michigan!!!

We LOVE our new iphones. We both had the 1st generation phones so for us the speed is incredible. I love all the landscape features, copy and paste. The camera is great and I love having a video option. My kids are always doing silly things I'd love to capture. Now I just have to remember I have the option ;)

CoachFreak

Jun 9, 2008
Visit site
Got mine at 8am at At&t with virtually no wait. I gave my 3g to hubby and got the 3gS on his upgrade for $299.

I am really happy with video, battery meter, and peppy loads so far

PRC

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Very happy with the upgrades. I guess the fact that I sold my old 3G for $300 and paid $400 for my 3GS makes it hurt my pocket less. *shrug

ciocpa

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
This is my first iPhone,but my fourth "iPod". I absolutely love it! I was a really BIG anti-iPhone person when the original one came out and tried to talk several folks at my office out of getting one. Then I started playing with theirs,and liked it. I still didn't want to get one since that meant having to go to AT&T. But this experience has been great.

saloyo

May 9, 2009
Visit site
I purchased my 3g last month on the 6th of June. Barely made the extended deadline to be able to exchange since the official notice came out on the 8th of this month. So when I went to get my 3G S it went pretty smooth. Only took 30 min. But as I was putting on my screen protector I noticed that right by the volume buttons it wasn't sealed correctly and you could actually see inside it. So I ran right back down there to show them. The sales associate accused me of dropping it. I told here to find any kind of mark on it then. I had to go through a total of four people until the last one said can't you see it's defective get her a new one! So now I'm happy! And even though I only had the 3g for a month I can really tell how much faster my new one is.

cbs2669#IM

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I arrived at my Apple store on 6/19 around noon...at that time there was a 2 hour wait. Went back around 5pm, and was able to get right in. This is my first iPhone...long time BB user. So far I really like the phone...however, will be an adjustment.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
I don't have an iPhone 3G S yet and so I can't vote yet, but oh, my it's refreshing to see so many happy, happy people! :p For the Blackberry switchers, welcome to the fold! I think you'll like it here a lot, and your new device will surprise you with all that it can do (especially now with all that new 3.0 stuff added to the ingredients list)!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy