Good Siri

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Been reading a lot of negative Threads about our iOS helpful assistant so it’s time to give her some Love ❤️

Very convenient asking her to set a timer when cooking. Hands free “Hey Siri” and a different comment some of the time.

Listening to and sending Hands Free text and calling people hands free as well.

She loves to tell us the weather and if you ask for a specific day or week in plain English she gets it in the first Try.

Using her to open apps is a cool way to get noticed

Here’s to Siri to her collage courses in the coming years

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
All excellent points! Siri what plane is above when I hear a plane flying over. I also love using Siri when I’m cooking to help me convert teaspoons to tablespoons etc. Very convenient!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Been reading a lot of negative Threads about our iOS helpful assistant so it’s time to give her some Love ❤️

Very convenient asking her to set a timer when cooking. Hands free “Hey Siri” and a different comment some of the time.

Listening to and sending Hands Free text and calling people hands free as well.

She loves to tell us the weather and if you ask for a specific day or week in plain English she gets it in the first Try.

Using her to open apps is a cool way to get noticed

Here’s to Siri to her collage courses in the coming years

I don't have a problem using Siri, but then again, I don't expect it to be human either. Could it be better? Sure it can, and I'm sure it will. Heck, it's already better than it was when Apple first introduced it. Still, everyone's usage and expectations are different so I understand why some people dislike it.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a problem using Siri, but then again, I don't expect it to be human either. Could it be better? Sure it can, and I'm sure it will. Heck, it's already better than it was when Apple first introduced it. Still, everyone's usage and expectations are different so I understand why some people dislike it.

True but I find a lot of friends that just gave up on Siri without finding something that she can do to make there device interaction a little easier

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I believe you and I'm sure there are some here in the forums that have also given up on Siri....:cool:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Siri has gotten much better over time. There’s still a lot of opportunity and she still has some catching up to do in some areas. Nonetheless I use Siri on a daily basis. I’ve learned to work with her.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I don’t really use Siri myself. I haven’t given her much chance lately either, so I probably should. I just think a voiced AI assistant should be natural and not need a specific key phrase to activate. Nor should I have carefully phrase my queries to fit an established list of accepted inputs.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t really use Siri myself. I haven’t given her much chance lately either, so I probably should. I just think a voiced AI assistant should be natural and not need a specific key phrase to activate. Nor should I have carefully phrase my queries to fit an established list of accepted inputs.

There will come a time when it will be as you like, but to balance privacy with usage, an activation phrase seems necessary for now.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I use Siri to set my alarms. I have 4 alarms to wake up to in case I sleep through the first one (see screenshot). And it’s much easier to have Siri enable them all than going manually to the clock app and doing it one by one. Same goes for disabling them.

I also use Siri to turn on and off my bedroom lights.

Also, calling people is much easier with Siri than opening the phone app and searching/scrolling for the person you want to call.

All in all, Siri has made some stuff much easier and faster for me.
Siri is a welcome addition and I’m convinced that Apple will make her much better than it already is.

ad0f3aededbbda384895d478b4a18b1d.jpg

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

You’ll be surprised how much she understands with just some key phrases.

Just now I discovered that I don’t have to tell her to turn the lights on.

“Hey Siri, lights” turns them either on or off, depending on the status of the lights. And there are many other examples of this.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
You’ll be surprised how much she understand with just some key phrases.

Just now I discovered that I don’t have to tell her to turn the lights on.

“Hey Siri, lights” turns them either on or off, depending on the status of the lights. And there are many other examples of this.

Siri has gotten better over the years understanding natural language. I just can't wait until I can ask followup questions without starting a whole new query.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77