God Never Fails

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Jeremiah 29:11..13 Talks of how God knows His thoughts for us..."Good Thoughts, thoughts of prosperity, peace, fullfillness in everything we do. If we Seek Him He shall be found"...That my friend is an Awsome GOD... a GOD whom PROMISES He WILL be found by those who SEEK HIM...Promises of Forgiveness, Salvation, Prosperity in all our affairs...Promises He SHALL be found... His word is FILLED with such Promises... I pray you seek HIM with all your heart, all our soul, all your mind, for today is the Day of Salvation...

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
This thread has really been interesting to me to read as a current atheist. Let me start by saying I respect religion and am the only member of my family who is not a Christian, however have made my own informed decision to not follow that set of beliefs. After reading this thread I have liked seeing everyone's opposing views and how different misconceptions have been ironed out between the different factions represented here. The only post I have taken issue with is seen here, primarily the part I have bolded:

Hi Lady Kaege,

The reason I asked for who these lesser gods were, is so that I could point out the fact that as you mentioned Buddha and Lao Tza as well as others are still buried in the grave. Yet Jesus who we have historical records of his being here on earth and dying and resurrecting says "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

hermdog :)

Really? Where outside of the Bible have you found empirical, historical evidence of Jesus existing? None the less existing and being resurrected? Despite the supposed lifetime of Jesus being a very well documented time in history, you would be hard pressed to find a single mention of his name or actions any where in a historical record from the time of his life. If you can direct me to some real historical texts which mention Jesus Christ as living and breathing during the time of their writing you would do a huge part in swaying me from my atheist convictions.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
rknowlt,
it's nice to see someone on the other side of the fence, if you will
i myself am not so sure what to believe in but i would have to say that you and i are in the minority, unfortunately
you ask some very valid questions and i will enjoy watching the 'believers' search for the answers of 'his' physical evidence other than a shroud that appears to look like the one they call Jesus Christ, who's image has been engraved into our memories since day one.
(surely there are more so called findings but that's all that sticks in my head)

it amazes me when people will claim to see his image in something silly like a piece of toast, which should tell us how badly people want to believe it's all real

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Blink- I'm not super interested in dumb "evidence" that the severely jaded people claim too such as the toast example you use. And although I am a fellow atheist I do not really appreciate the tone you have taken with ridiculing those who choose to believe. I simply wish to make the point that those who "believe" are truly doing just that. It is ALL taken on faith for them since NO physical/scientific evidence exists to support the belief. So basically I like your questioning nature blink, but not your attitude of "your beliefs are wrong and you should think like this." That would make you just like the Christians who impose God the way you and I both detest.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Really? Where outside of the Bible have you found empirical, historical evidence of Jesus existing? None the less existing and being resurrected? Despite the supposed lifetime of Jesus being a very well documented time in history, you would be hard pressed to find a single mention of his name or actions any where in a historical record from the time of his life. If you can direct me to some real historical texts which mention Jesus Christ as living and breathing during the time of their writing you would do a huge part in swaying me from my atheist convictions.

rknowlt, Please take a look at Josephus a Jewish Historian and Tacitus a Roman Historian during the time of Christ. Even the Koran acknowledges the existence of Jesus. The Jews will acknowledge that Jesus of Nazareth lived and died. They just do not believe that He was the Messiah. There was also a Greek satirists name Lucian Samosata that mentions Jesus.

I really do not think that you can deny that Jesus lived and died. I think there is enough Historical evidence to support it. The matter of faith will come in when you ask about "The Resurrection" of Jesus. If we can agree that Jesus of Nazareth lived and died on this Earth then we can move on to the Resurrection. ;)

BTW, I do not really rely on Wikipedia as a good source of info but it was quicker and easier.:p A little bit of googling will take you to the men that I pointed out as well as others.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Josephus lived 37-100 AD and Tacitus from 56-117 AD. I'm fairly sure that means neither of them were alive during the life of the supposed Jesus Christ. Not to mention both are highly disputed as to authenticity besides when it comes to the passages/works which mention Jesus. You would think there would be LOADS of completely authentic records from people who saw Jesus during his life if he truly walked around performing great miracles. However no completely confirmed authentic record exists to the best of my knowledge.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77