• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

GIVE AWAY: White iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deyrkroz

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Apple product

On a mac book pro 13 inch that cost me 2700$, after that i see that on apple retails store only cost 1200$. never buy again on that store! Tought that was the original price. :(

cgordonn

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
Handled an expense report for my old boss once. He traveled a lot for business and always had large $$$ expense reports for submission to our corporate hq. On one expense report I saw there were several line items for an unusual combination of items...10 lbs of dried fish...Preparation H suppositories...a 3D jig saw puzzle of the White House...and. 5 quart jug of Quaker State motor oil. I am not making this up. I never asked why (didn't want to know) but at the time my boss submitted this report it was right after having entertained a Filipino ship captian friend of his who was in town on business.

Strange but true.

jjjwicks

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
While attending DefCon in Vegas, our co-worker used his company credit card to pay his gambling tab and tried to expense it. He claimed that the company should pay the bill since they knew he had a gambling problem and allowed him to travel to Vegas. Needless to say, he was no longer working for the company 30 days after submitting that expense report.

cyaaa50

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
$2500 dinner bill for 12 people with senior management. One manager had the other sign the bill since he was the expense approver. Too funny to see how it all works.

tparker60

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
White iPhone 4 Giveaway

The craziest thing(s) I've ever seen expensed on an expense report were for a partner at a major large internationallaw firm where I worked. His secretary (and my friend) was always stressed because he would take potential clients to strip clubs and have her expense the visits as "client development." On several occasions, he would get so drunk that she'd have to have a cab sent to pick him up and charge that off as a travel expense for a client development meeting. After several months of this, in addition to seeing his adult magazines in his desk drawer whenever she had to get something from his drawers when he would call and ask her to, she quit the firm. She sued on grounds of sexual harassment and the firm settled with her out of court to keep it quiet!!!

Another was an attorney who expensed a lousy pack of gum to the client. It wasn't even a dollar and he made $200,000 a year and wouldn't fork over the money for the gum...that was pitiful!!!!!

tlbarr3

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
When I was a supply sergeant in the Army I received multiple requests from soldiers to expense condoms and liquor while on travel. Explanation listed on expense report from said soldiers was rest and relaxation (R&R).

hansbuehler

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
jet fuel

We put $400,000 worth of jet fuel on a mastercard to pay for engine lab testing. we were pushing the limits on what you could put on a purchasing card.

later we put $4MM to purchase a customer relationship management software tool on the mastercard... that one took the cake!

HMMM, what US company makes jet engines?

Purple4

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I work at a school that paid $40,000 for a tree to put in the football complex for a team that has been -7 for the last 4 years.

Saluka

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
My first job after college, I stayed in a hotel for work and decided to order a pay-per-view movie. While browsing, I clicked on the 'adult' page and accidentally selected the first movie, which then started playing. Freaking out, I quickly hit 'stop', but it kept playing. I finally just unplugged everything. I didn't think it would show on the bill and didn't even check (since I wasn't paying, why bother?). A week later, the secretary called to tell me that they wouldn't be able to cover the 'adult movie' I charged to the room. After several seconds of silence, I replied, "no problem" and quickly hung up the phone. I was MORTIFIED.

joselskipper

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Here's some I've seen in our credit card expense reports:

Contributions to the Republican National Committee (3 x per person limit) by same person.

Mercedes-Benz CLS550 maintenance by one employee.

GNC supplements and day spa by another.

W Hotel Washington DC (roughly $800/night) when company standard is Hampton Inn, by another employee.

MacBook Pro, Apple mouse, A/V cable, and every bit of accessory to a mac -- $3,000++, by another.

Chargers Season Passes and Nordstrom giftcards, by another employee.

Can you top these?

Last edited:

Rmartinez

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I expense part of my light bill for $60 due at home license training for Wells Fargo. Hey i spend 8 hours a day on my 27" iMac for 5 weeks i had too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poplolzz