Get MMS with a NON-jailbroken iPhone w/3.1

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
For the computer slow out there (like myself; it took me about an hour to figure this out! :eek: ): change the downloaded zip file into an .ipcc file by renaming it (delete .zip and add .ipcc). Also, where it says setPref the next letter is a capital "I", not a lowercase "l"!

All that said, I am among those who will have to wait awhile for this to actually work; I get the dreaded little red "!" even though I have full bars. :( Oh well, it was too good to be true!

Last edited:

wsaund#IM

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
For the computer slow out there (like myself; it took me about an hour to figure this out! :eek: ): change the downloaded zip file into an .ipcc file by renaming it (delete .zip and add .ipcc). Also, where it says setPref the next letter is a capital "I", not a lowercase "l"!

All that said, I am among those who will have to wait awhile for this to actually work; I get the dreaded little red "!" even though I have full bars. :( Oh well, it was too good to be true!

??? It is a ZIP file and contains the DMG for Itunes and the Ipcc. You are change a vaild zip file in to another format. Hence why you are having problems. Extract the two files in the .ZIP and use the file ATT_US.ipcc

d-rob70

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Mine just started working today on my 3G.... w00t!

Sending and receiving just fine. Ottawa, IL.... about 1 hour 45 min. SW of Chicago.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
By telling AT&T that you are not using the iPhone anymore, they probably switched you to a non-iPhone data plan, which means no visual voicemail. You probably are on a MediaNet plan.

Um, I'm on a MediaNet and non-iPhone data plan and I never told them I switched from my iPhone. The iPhone 3G still shows on my plan and monthly statement. I was completely honest with them back in March/April and have had MMS working since. And doing thus does NOT disable Visual Voicemail. Who told you that?

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I'm in Grand Rapids but in a different cell tower than when I'm home and mms is now working. I tried it at home this morning and it didn't work.

So I'm back home and I tried to send another one and it doesn't work. Also the one that appeared to go out did not reach my sister. I sent one to my self and it worked.

Bull

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
I've got mine downloaded as well, but it hangs right at the end of the sending bar. How can I fix this?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
It hangs for a bit then you get the red exclamation mark I assume? I think that means AT&T hasn't removed the opt out on your account yet.

Bull

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Just called AT&T and they did confirm that the capabilities of MMS were activated for when they (AT&T) release the update on their end. :confused:

cdudek

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
So I have the new ipcc file and am currently using MMS and everything is working great. My question is, when AT&T does release their "Multimedia Kit" on the 25th, will I still be able to download it and update without a problem? Or do I need to go back to the old ipcc file in order for that to happen?

FYI - I have a 32G iPhone 3GS standard (not jailbroken or unlocked)

Thanks!

spiderman001728

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Works very well with wifi or 3G enabled on Long Island but i feel as tho my battery life is horrible now that i have the 5.1 carrier file. Anyone else feel like this?

wsaund#IM

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
So I have the new ipcc file and am currently using MMS and everything is working great. My question is, when AT&T does release their "Multimedia Kit" on the 25th, will I still be able to download it and update without a problem? Or do I need to go back to the old ipcc file in order for that to happen?

FYI - I have a 32G iPhone 3GS standard (not jailbroken or unlocked)

Thanks!

just do a restore when the update comes out

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77