iOS 14.0.1 error 4000

rosine

Sep 29, 2020
Visit site
Hi all! I’m new here.
Having problems updating to 14.0.1 on my windows 8.1 laptop. I think I’ve tried every solution possible but maybe I’ve missed something.
Here’s the history:

I updated iTunes to the latest version. I restarted the pc. i downloaded the full iOS in iTunes. I click update, enter the passcode, it backs up, says extracting software, says preparing iPhone for update, then I get error 4000.

Here’s everything I’ve tried:
I restarted my pc and did full shutdowns/reboots a few times. I turned passcode off on my phone. I turned the screen auto lock to never. I restarted my iPhone. I did a hard reset. all apps are cleared. I cleared the phone RAM. no third-party apps are running. no VPNs. Norton is 100% disabled on my pc. PC processes/processor/RAM are all near zero in the task manager. quick startup is off. the PC’s 8.1 software is 100% up to date. i used all three of my laptop USB ports, and three different lightning cables including a brand new one, and it keeps failing with a 4000 error, even though with the three cables and all three USB ports, my phone can back up and sync fine.

I don’t know what else to do.

Have I missed something?

I could do the delta over WiFi but who knows, that may fail too. I prefer the full iTunes update anyway.

Thanks for any help!

RB

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. To be honest I haven't updated using iTunes in a long time. The OTA worked fine for me. Hopefully someone will respond and help you with your issue. Enjoy and welcome.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal