From sn0wbreeze to redsn0w?

engelous

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have a 3GS, 6.15 BB, JB'ed and unlocked with iOS 5. I JB'ed with sn0wbreeze to preserve BB. Now I've heard about the new redsn0w, which fixes location services usage causing crashes of 3GS's with this BB.

My question is - can I just use redsn0w over my current JB, or do I have to do anything else?

Thanks!

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Redsn0w JB is applied directly onto a stock iOS. So it doesn't preserve BB.

You must use sn0wbreeze if you want to preserve BB and use ultrasn0w to unlock.

engelous

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I did, but I saw on redsn0w's blog that you can apply the redsn0w update to 3GS with 6.15 BB in order to prevent GPS from crashing network services, so I thought there must be a way to use it while preserving BB...

For iPhone3GS owners with the 06.15 baseband, this redsn0w eliminates the network crash you saw when using Location Services in iOS5 (in fact, you don?t even need to disable Location Services anymore during the initial setup). The cosmetic fix is to the visual countdown you see when going into DFU mode.

It?s okay to re-run this redsn0w over an existing device jailbroken at iOS5. Just choose ?Jailbreak? again and de-select Cydia (in other words, all the checkboxes will be unchecked). If you are lucky enough to have an old-bootrom iPhone3GS, please pre-select the IPSW first (redsn0w can?t yet auto-detect the FW version of your old-bootrom 3GS if it?s already been jailbroken).