For all you White iPhone 4s users what type of case you sporting?

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and ordered from Amazon. Free shipping. 3 cases. $56, whereas on Speck's website it would have cost me $105. You think I should cancel my Amazon order and order from Speck?

What issues did you have with the CS Satin you got from Amazon??

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and ordered from Amazon. Free shipping. 3 cases. $56, whereas on Speck's website it would have cost me $105. You think I should cancel my Amazon order and order from Speck?

What issues did you have with the CS Satin you got from Amazon??

Ok, if you ordered from Amazon and the supplier themselves was Amazon LLC, then your fine. Speck actually has a spot on their site warning about fakes-now if your not concerned with having a 'real' Speck case then dont worry, but that's up to you. I always order from Speck now. :)

The candy shell satin I ordered on Amazon from a different supplier wound up the red color was 'bleeding' thru the white part of the case so in some spots the white satin looked tinted pink or red. I got in touch with the seller and have returned the case because they claim it was defective(I furnished them pics) but I'm still waiting on my refund to come thru which can take 6-10 business days I'm kicking myself in the a$$ for this on right now:rolleyes: I found out about the Speck fake thing AFTER this happened to me. When I called Speck about the defective case, they told me only buy from Amazon LLC, that other sellers are counterfeit BUT they were nice enough to give me 20% off on my order-so I got a bunch of stuff but I decided not to replace the satin shell after all.

Whew! Sorry for those of you that had to listen to my story.....again:eek:

Malak7

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Just got my white and gray OB Defender case yesterday for my white iPhone and it looks great. A tad bulky I know but I'm a klutz. Not taking any chances!

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I received my Element Vapor | Epiphany yesterday! Thanks again iMore!! It. Is. Awesome!!! They truly put in the extra touch in detail and quality! Here are a few pics for those who requested them.
44fabedf-a2a4-05e3.jpg
44fabedf-a2b0-e63b.jpg
44fabedf-a2bb-c127.jpg
44fabedf-a2c4-bca9.jpg

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Pink! I LOOOOOVE it!!! I'm with Reenee....might be hard to go back to other cases now. :eek: I probably would have never paid the $$$ for a case like this, but now that I see first hand how nice they are, I would definitely consider buying another. Now the big question is which back plate to install! :D

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I know, right? Aren't they gorgeous?

My suede back had already started getting dirty but the polycarbonate one for the Comp Whiteout is fantastic. Now to avoid ordering red...

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Pink! I LOOOOOVE it!!! I'm with Reenee....might be hard to go back to other cases now. :eek: I probably would have never paid the $$$ for a case like this, but now that I see first hand how nice they are, I would definitely consider buying another. Now the big question is which back plate to install! :D

I know, right? Aren't they gorgeous?

My suede back had already started getting dirty but the polycarbonate one for the Comp Whiteout is fantastic. Now to avoid ordering red...

Reenee or Brin - this question is for either of you. Do the Vap comp have a rim in the front so if you place the phone face down the front screen won't touch the immediate surface?
(I was on the vapor comp website looking at them, and it appears to have a slight rim, but if one of you could confirm it I'd appreciate it. Sometimes images online aren't as they appear in real time)

I am seriously considering one of these as well-I love both comps that you both have:)

Last edited:

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Reenee or Brin - this question is for either of you. Do the Vap comp have a rim in the front so if you place the phone face down the front screen won't touch the immediate surface?
(I was on the vapor comp website looking at them, and it appears to have a slight rim, but if one of you could confirm it I'd appreciate it. Sometimes images online aren't as they appear in real time)

I am seriously considering one of these as well-I love both comps that you both have:)

Yep. About 1/8 inch

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Enough to keep it from touching anything if you put it face down. I hate huge lips too, even with candyshells I sometimes would hit it while typing.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Enough to keep it from touching anything if you put it face down. I hate huge lips too, even with candyshells I sometimes would hit it while typing.

Agreed! I have front and back Clarivue screen protectors on mine so not worried. Though that is what's keeping me from installing the suede or leather backplates that come with the Ephiphany.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
ok, great--thats what i was hoping for, at least a small lip so that the front/back doesnt touch the immediate surface.

Thank you both, Brinda & Reenee:)

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
ok, great--thats what i was hoping for, at least a small lip so that the front/back doesnt touch the immediate surface.

Thank you both, Brinda & Reenee:)

One word of warning, Pink...my phone will not fit in my dock with this case. I pretty much charge my phone while it's docked at work and didn't give it a thought. I have 15% battery left and no way to charge (didn't bring the little tool to remove the case...) :eek:

I'm currently looking into a dock extender. ;)

Cleveland....you HUSH up! :p ;)

fury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I am sporting the white LifeProof. I've had this case since they started shipping, roughly July of 2011, and I had my iPhone 4 in it until I got my 4S.

The first thing you'll notice about it is that it is tall and wide. (pictures taken with an Atrix...I know, boo on me, but fresh outta iPhones when I'm showing both of mine side by side)

View attachment 13693
View attachment 13694

It does add thickness, but not as much as my old Otterbox Defender. (this pic also taken with an Atrix)

View attachment 13695

It has a slightly translucent white face, which makes it make any iPhone appear to be white while it's in the case. (all the following pics are taken with my iPhone 4 unless otherwise noted)

View attachment 13696
View attachment 13697

You can see in those two pictures where the iPhone ends (a millimeter or two between the grey LifeProof border and where the face of the iPhone starts).

The camera and flash have ample openings, but not excessively big like the Otterbox.

View attachment 13698

The tallness and wideness may give you trouble if you try to use it one handed and you don't have gigantic manhands like me. Especially when trying to reach notification center.

View attachment 13700
View attachment 13701

There is an issue with some of these cases (most notably the first generation ones) that you get what is called Newton's rings. This happens when the front cover is not perfectly flush with the screen, and light bounces out of it in a weird way. It bugs some people. It used to bug me, but I got over it. LifeProof will probably not replace it for that reason anyway.

View attachment 13702

There is a headphone jack cover that screws in.

View attachment 13707

They should have made the opening wider, though, because without their special $20 "adapter", the only cable that fits inside the plug when this cover is removed is the one on the earbuds that came with the iPhone.

View attachment 13708

The dock port, as previously mentioned, only fits the iPhone cable. Of course, they will also sell you yet another $20 "adapter" to allow you to use your phone with other cables or docks.

c6e4e175-5e47-39d5.jpg

c6e4e175-5e7c-6063.jpg

That and the small headphone jack opening seems like the only weak points of the case. They do recommend that you do not make a habit of taking your phone out of the case, as the case clips and waterproofness will wear out. It is rated for opening only 50 times. Luckily, the dock cover is rated for something ridiculous like 10,000 times or whatever.

I have taken the case swimming while my 4 was in it. Canoeing, too. Haven't had occasion to take the 4S swimming yet, but it is often taking a shower with me.

There is some slight, and I do mean very slight, discoloration of the grey border, I believe caused by the water in the river in which I was swimming & canoeing. You can see it mainly on the face of the buttons, but the effect is highly exaggerated in the photo. It still looks fine and grey to the naked eye.

c6e4e175-5fb7-3018.jpg

Last but not least, I have not noticed any problems with picture quality or flash degradation while the phone is in the LifeProof. Picture taken by the 4S:

View attachment 13699

By the way, people unhappy regarding the Otterbox Defender's top flap: the hole is designed for the iPhone's noise cancellation mic, NOT the headphone jack. You are supposed to remove the flap to plug in headphones.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77