FIX: Slow spotlight load on iPhone 3GS & 4

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm new and I had a problem the other day. My friend and I both have 3GS' and I would hit the home button to go to spotlight on both at the same time and mine would lag about a second. I formatted it and everything, still didn't help until it was completely blank.

Turns out I had "Triple-click Home" turned on. Which basically when you hit the home button it waits longer to see how many times you're going to click the home button. (I have no idea why I had it enabled)

So even if you don't have it enabled turn it on and see how annoying and laggy it is. Also when it is enabled it makes double tap for multitasking lag.

Here you go:

Settings-General-Accessibility-"Triple-Click Home" (at the bottom)

Compare...again real simple but it's real annoying so just throwing out a quick tip if you have the same problem.

Reactions: crystus

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Being my first post it'd be awesome to get a thanks for a welcome haha. Feel like tumbleweeds are blowing around in here...

natefish

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I've had my iPhone 4 for 8 months now and I do like spotlight. It's not nearly as handy as the universal search on my old Palm Pre was, but it has it's uses. I just wish we could add more search uses like searching YouTube, Twitter, etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost