EU says Apple withholding Apple Intelligence from the EU market is anti-competitive in frankly hilarious turn of events

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Apple right now.
giphy.gif

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
The EU attempts at empire building have always been embarrassing. I don't know how they think they're going to Fine anybody anything if the company does not operate in the EU ?

Reactions: Just_Me_D

naddy69

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
"If Apple can’t convince the EU otherwise, or make enough changes to its satisfaction, the company faces fines of up to 10% of its worldwide turnover, arguably enough to make the company think twice about operating there at all."

I've said this before. Apple should just close all the stores there and walk away. Dealing with all the petty bureaucrats in Europe is not worth the effort. They are going to whine about anything and everything that Apple does.

Xijah

Mar 8, 2024
Visit site
"If Apple can’t convince the EU otherwise, or make enough changes to its satisfaction, the company faces fines of up to 10% of its worldwide turnover, arguably enough to make the company think twice about operating there at all."

I've said this before. Apple should just close all the stores there and walk away. Dealing with all the petty bureaucrats in Europe is not worth the effort. They are going to whine about anything and everything that Apple does.
Totally agree with you on this EU is taking the p....

Reactions: Just_Me_D

erikbock

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Here is my take on this. Apple has decided they don't want to compete in the AI space in the EU, at least at this time. I am sure they talked about it and have decided that the juice is not worth he squeeze due to the fact that they going to get AI regulated to the point of it being nonfunctional.mWhen that happens everyone will complain that Apple Intelligence is a terrible product but won't even consider that it was the EU that made it that way.

I agree with the others that say Apple needs to just pull out of the market. The economic impact to the EU would be immense. The loss of jobs and all the subsequent tax revenue loss would not be insignificant. What I wonder is if Tim has it in his mind at what point to we just say, "We're done." Thing is people in the EU will still get their iPhones, iPads, Macs. It will just be the old way by getting gray market units from other countries at twice the price and the EU still won't get any tax revenue.

aardman

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Here is my take on this. Apple has decided they don't want to compete in the AI space in the EU, at least at this time. I am sure they talked about it and have decided that the juice is not worth he squeeze due to the fact that they going to get AI regulated to the point of it being nonfunctional.mWhen that happens everyone will complain that Apple Intelligence is a terrible product but won't even consider that it was the EU that made it that way.

I agree with the others that say Apple needs to just pull out of the market. The economic impact to the EU would be immense. The loss of jobs and all the subsequent tax revenue loss would not be insignificant. What I wonder is if Tim has it in his mind at what point to we just say, "We're done." Thing is people in the EU will still get their iPhones, iPads, Macs. It will just be the old way by getting gray market units from other countries at twice the price and the EU still won't get any tax revenue.
Yeah this is a weird thing. How can one say choosing not to compete in a product space, in this case mobile AI, is a case of stifling competition in the mobile AI market? How can not participating in a product space be construed as unlawfully hampering the companies who choose to participate in that product space? That's like saying if I don't drive a car, then I'm contributing to the traffic congestion problem. Insane!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bannana2000