Email and WIFI

tomksae

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have had two problems recently develop with my iPhone 4...

1. The email has been very slow, I didnt get any emails for approximately 12 hours then today when i tapped the email icon it went out to check for emails and returned 11 of them from the night before and up til noon today. How can i fix this problem so that emails come in when they are sent to me? I am using a yahoo account and have it set up as a push account. Do I need to go to fetch or do I need to change it to a exchange? (i do not know how to do this either)

2. My wifi is not working either. Whenever i try to do anything while connected to a network, my home network for example, it will not retrieve any data. IE when i try to update my twitter news feed or check the weather it just continually gives me the loading screen. Do i need to clear a cache of some sort or how could i go about fixing this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Verizon iPhone 4 jb'n

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
What type of email accounts do you have (POP3, exchange, MobileMe)?

Go to settings>mail,contacts,calendars>fetch new data from here make sure push is on (very important for exchange or MoblieMe accounts) also you should make sure that Manually isn't selected under fetch.

For your WiFi problem, what happens when you type your routers IP address into safari? If it connects to your router you know that it's working. You may want to reset network settings under settings>general>reset. Clearing your cache under settings>safari> clear cache & clear cookies couldn't hurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: tomksae

tomksae

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
What type of email accounts do you have (POP3, exchange, MobileMe)?

I am using a yahoo account and a gmail account. I have a MobileMe for the find my iphone program. E-mail seems to be working a little better currently, but not quite up to what i would like. I have push set to on for the yahoo and the MobileMe and fetch every 15 for gmail as it says push is not an option.

Go to settings>mail,contacts,calendars>fetch new data from here make sure push is on (very important for exchange or MoblieMe accounts) also you should make sure that Manually isn't selected under fetch.

For your WiFi problem, what happens when you type your routers IP address into safari? If it connects to your router you know that it's working. You may want to reset network settings under settings>general>reset. Clearing your cache under settings>safari> clear cache & clear cookies couldn't hurt.

I just reset the network settings and this seems to have done the trick. Thank You!

tomksae

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
perfect, thank you for the info, i went ahead and set up my gmail on an exchange and will be using it for vital emails from now on.