Earpiece volume

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Since I have had my XS I have had a problem with the earpiece volume on my phone : The side button is at max, the control centre vertical slide is at max, the settings slide is at max (“sounds and tictacs”) . Now what happens is that the phone will ring, nice and loud, good. When I pick up the phone the ringer volume backs off, good, I think it’s supposed to. Unfortunately the earpiece volume seems to back off too, and I cannot raise the volume with the side button (which is what you’d do with a phone to your ear, right ?) This is a pain, it’s all right where it is quiet but not in a noisy place ! The thing is that in the past, once or twice the volume has stayed loud, which is what I want, I can always turn it down !
Does anybody know of a control that I have not tried that deals with this?
I have not asked before because I thought I’d figure it out, but nope.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
If this issue started after the unboxing then you should have brought it to the retails attention

That said I have seen this issue with the iPhones 6 plus but not with any of the new design. It seems your trying all the usual fixes to your issue so bringing it in to an Apple Store should be your next step

Good Luck

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
If this issue started after the unboxing then you should have brought it to the retails attention

That said I have seen this issue with the iPhones 6 plus but not with any of the new design. It seems your trying all the usual fixes to your issue so bringing it in to an Apple Store should be your next step

Good Luck

I just thought it was a quiet phone, it wasn’t bothering me,then I realised it was capable of being louder and how useful that would be.., I have an Apple store ten minutes away,but all that hanging around when I made an appointment which I can keep but they can’t is a pain !

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Got it !
Settings>General>Accessibility>Face ID and Attention> Turn off Attention Aware Features.
This leaves the ringer at full volume until you answer the phone and leaves the earpiece at full volume also(you can always turn it down if it’s too much)
Still a bit clumsy,needs ringer volume separating from earpiece but works, I got this from Apple Support, they knew about this straight away,must be common.