Do you want the iPhone 5 to be thinner?

zenduo

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The 3GS for me feels nicer to hold than the 4, I personally think the 4 is a bit sharp edged. The iPad 2 edges on a phone would be nice. Thin but with a curve.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
No, I think the current model is thin enough. However, a larger screen would finally be nice. ;)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

I really like the form factor of the 4S... IMHO, if it get much thinner, it would SEEM to be more fragile. But I'm ready for a bit larger screen... say something in the 4" range... no need to go all Android and do a 5" screen, though. Safe to assume that Apple wouldn't do that. :)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I really like the form factor of the 4S... IMHO, if it get much thinner, it would SEEM to be more fragile. But I'm ready for a bit larger screen... say something in the 4" range... no need to go all Android and do a 5" screen, though. Safe to assume that Apple wouldn't do that. :)

I couldn't agree with you more on the the new iPhone having a 4" screen. That would be the perfect size, IMO. I don't think Apple would ever come out with a 5" screen, so no worries about that. Hey, I got a look at the new Galaxy Note at my local AT&T store last night and the 5" screen on that thing is absolutely toooo BIG! My daughter thought it was a small tablet, lol.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I would like a little bigger screen and the thickness isn't an issue. I have always liked the old form factor with the curved back. It just fits your hand and feels natural. Much better than the hard square edges of the 4-4s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmbeasley

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I really don't care about the thickness, I think it's really thin enough now. I'll be MUCH more concerned about the durability of the next iPhone, because the iPhone 4 is WAYYY to fragile!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I really don't care about the thickness, I think it's really thin enough now. I'll be MUCH more concerned about the durability of the next iPhone, because the iPhone 4 is WAYYY to fragile!

Really? I've had both the iPhone 4 and the 4S, and travel naked most of the time... CaseMate BarelyThere when it's not buck naked.. not a scratch or mark on either phones except for those weird little marks where the openings in the cases meet the phone (around buttons and connectors)... it sometimes FEELS fragile, but truly, it's not.

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I like the current thickness the way it is. I had the Droid Razr and it was awkward to hold seeing as how it was so thin. If I can get a slightly larger screen, LTE, and an aluminum back, I'd be totally happy.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind it will be thinner, and I also wish it will not get thicker.
I think a nicer battery and camera would be more popular.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone is already perfect, I don't see how it could get any better. I wouldn't mind if it kept the same design for 10 years. I'm kind of hoping they don't change it.

It's not too thin, it's not too thick. It's not too big, it's not too small. It's actually perfect.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Don't need for it to be thinner... For me function always comes before form. My main concern is and will always be, what can the device do for me?

Ferris419

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I Don't care how thin or thick it is ... I wish they would make them more durable with a better battery .... And I don't want to buy some expensive ugly big bulky case that hides my phone to make it more durable.... You drop this iPhone one time on cement and it's no good!!!

Sent from my Provari using my Trippy Tip!!!

twkufahl

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
It's not perfect, by any stretch. I believe it is the best thing out there, but not perfect.

I also agree 100% with those who would like to see a return to the 3G form factor. That thing fit so comfortably in my hand. I say bigger screen, curved back, and thicker. I have an iPhone 4 with an OtterBox Defender, and it still seems too thin and fragile for me. I constantly feel like I'm going to break it, even in the Defender.

MrJDCurtis

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the iPhone 3GS, and I really like design and the curved back. If they can make a thinner, lighter phone and have a curved back, that would be sweet!

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
personally i love the thickness of the iphone the way it is right now. The thinner phones get the cheaper and more fragile they feel but lets all just be real if theres a 4 inch screen were all getting it....

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
As far as the curved back is concerned, I agree - I would much rather see an iPad 2 inspired design for the next iPhone.

As far as thickness is concerned - that all depends on what screen size will they go with. Basically the larger the phone gets, the thinner it will be. Worst case scenario - we get a phone with the same dimensions, with a mini-dock and an extra millimeter in thickness.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Thinner, honestly why its a pretty thin device as it is. Apple is great at using space wisely, and packing a lot into that little package. It seems to be clear the new connector is coming, and the screen is getting bigger (so its getting taller) and that will allow for them to cram in LTE chips and hopefully a much, much bigger battery like they did with the iPad.

Honestly if they had to add a little bit of thickness like the new iPad to get a bigger battery, so be it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SarahWilkerson