Do you keep your Apple product boxes and packaging?

What do you do with your Apple product box?

• Keep it

Votes: 90 96.8%
  • Throw it away

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

greasemuntney

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I still have all the iPhone boxes that we still use. I keep them for resale value and still have every Apple sticker that has ever came with any of my products. I even have my MBA box with all packaging stored just like the iPhone boxes. Just a pet peeve I guess.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
not only do i keep all of my Apple packaging but i do it with everything else in my fricking life!

i really need to see someone about that..

You and me both. My front bedroom is full of boxes with receipts and paperwork jammed inside. If I buy a new DVD player, the box is kept plus the receipt and paperwork, just in case. Only after the item breaks or if I give it away does the box and paperwork get thrown out. My Apple box is in my bedroom behind my TV. Paperwork for it from Verizon is crammed inside.

andrewturner

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I even keep the boxes of stuff I don't own anymore, like my original iPhone, which I sold years ago...buyer didn't want the box, and it's still at the bottom of the pile of iPhone boxes :)
can you help me? im new to this website. i need help with my iphone and i wanted to create a new thread. how do i do this?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
can you help me? im new to this website. i need help with my iphone and i wanted to create a new thread. how do i do this?
I will leave it to Rene to enforce the rules here but there is a general rule that newbies should not create new threads. If you are a newbie both to the iPhone and the forum, you should explore the existing threads before doing anything By the time you have explored the existing threads ro find the one that best fits your question, you will likely have found your answer. In any case, you will no longer be a newbie.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I keep all my boxes from my Apple products (iPhone, iPad, Mac, Magic Mouse, etc...) and I keep the receipt inside of the boxes. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one doing so. My wife ask me all the time why, and I have no explanation other than becuase I want too. What's stranger is I actually enjoy looking at them as they are all lined up on a self in my computer room by box size. Sometimes I open them to re-live the magic from the day I bought the device, LOL. I guess I'm strange. :D

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
yer they're so nice and provide a very nice solution for re-packing but i keep it mostly cos i think of it as memrobillia

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I keep them for all the devices I have bought. I think it helps me resell if I'm inclined to do so. ^_^

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I keep them for all the devices I have bought. I think it helps me resell if I'm inclined to do so. ^_^

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

I keep my original packaging for this reason also. I do have one other function for the box though. I keep my phone money in it. When I purchase a new device, I start a collection for the next one in it. So I put aside $60 every paycheck and put it in my current phone box. When I get enough money to get something else, that's when I get something else. This method seems to work well for me.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yup, I sure do. My Wife thinks I'm KRAZY.....I keep all my boxes for all devices and accessories as well.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have 3 large boxes full of Apple product boxes. They include Macs, iPhones, iPads, AppleTVs, Airports, iPods, Magic Mouse(s), Keyboards, etc. I even keep the boxes from extra lightning cables and adapters.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Oh yeah, of course I keep the boxes! They look cool, plus if I ever sold them, the resale value is much higher than without the box :)

The_Lorax

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I did until I realized I was just being a hoarder. 90% of people have no need or intentions of reselling their old products to anyone other than the store so they can upgrade. To me its just collecting dust and taking up space. Burn it people if your that worried about people seeing what you just bought even thought most people could give a **** less.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
But they are such nice boxes. I save jewelry boxes too.

I do pass iPhones and iPads to family members. The boxes make it a little more special.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincie855