Do you feel like having multiple devices...

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I find this interesting, no criticism intended but how do you handle the work phone/ personal phone thing ? does everybody only turn their personal phones on at break times ? I am sure most employers would prefer not to pay for time used on personal calls ! In fact I remember in the dim and distant that no personal calls were allowed during working hours in a lot of companies. I will certainly call anyone working for me to account if they are not doing what they are paid for, for longer than a couple of minutes !

I only have a personal phone, that is paid in part by my employer. My phone is on 24/7, but I can’t be called for any reason at all times… As long my job is done, it can’t be taken against me.

The labour code here is pretty clear that the employer is required to pay for the time I am on the employer’s premises and/or at the service of my employer.
As such, they can’t cut my pay if I receive a personal call during work hours; however, abusing it can lead to sanctions like suspensions or termination.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I only have a personal phone, that is paid in part by my employer. My phone is on 24/7, but I can’t be called for any reason at all times… As long my job is done, it can’t be taken against me.

The labour code here is pretty clear that the employer is required to pay for the time I am on the employer’s premises and/or at the service of my employer.
As such, they can’t cut my pay if I receive a personal call during work hours; however, abusing it can lead to sanctions like suspensions or termination.

The employer paying part is probably what I’d like in this arrangement.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I carry my iPhone 12 Pro Max and my iPhone X S Max. I also carry an iPhone 11 for work, which they provide.

My iPad Pro stays home or goes with me on travel, but I don’t carry it every day.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
"Back in the day", LOL , I thought I was important and "cool", so I carried/used three smartphones ( Blackberry 9930/Z10, Samsung S3/Note 3 and iPhone 5s) at one time or another. Well, those days and that way of thinking came to an end as my world and circle became a lot smaller and there was no longer a need to give out my numbers to different people based on phone and importance..LOL .

As far as my Apple devices are concerned, no I do not have a problem or anxiety with them or using multiple devices. I tend to gravitate towards my iPhone first then my MacBook Pro and last but not least my iPad.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRizzlemeup