Discuss the iPhone OS 4.0 software here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopherhockey

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Unified inbox, or an easier way to flip between inboxes is a must. Making it a choice should satisfy everyone. Its ridiculous that I have to click back back forward forward to get to the next inbox. (this should have been fixed long ago)

There are some calendaring issues that need attention. If I click on a event that I did not create and reject it, I'm not provided with the chance to explain why and if its recurring it removes the entire recurrance - not just that instance. (perhaps that is specific to the combo of iPhone to Exchange 2007 but still should be fixed) The calendar on the iPhone is more of an FYI tool for me than a real tool I can use to manage my day.

I don't care to clutter the home screen up with information making it look like every old windows mobile device I have ever owned. Something that can be customized would be nice, but don't junk it up for people who don't want to use it as a personal secretary.

Multitasking.. I hated it on windows mobile. It left things in memory and crashed the phone constantly. I quickly learned to live without it (in favor of a more stable device) on the iPhone so I hope this doesn't screw that up. Aside from maybe wanting to stream music over the internet while I do email or be able to keep a GPS style program running in the background I don't really see the big deal.

deviladv

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
Multitasking isn't huge because iPhone dealt with a lot of multitasking issues with push notifications. It doesn't handle everything but it's a good alterative for a lot of things. Right now, if they can offer multitasking for music and Internet radio services that would be great.

Heres the only real multitasking options I want... Alarm clocks. There are doZens of awesome alarm clock apps. But none run in the background. I know I can call it up but too many nights I'll forget. I want to be able to have my alarm go off, and either launch a podcast or launch my NPR app which can automatically start streaming the morning news.

The other major feature I want is better notification handling. The badge works fine for email and txt msgs but that's it. It should be in a separate program that keeps all msgs and notifications available to read and delete at your leisure.

tsuehpsyde

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I want to be in mail and replying to someone and think "Oh, I need to send that pic from yesterday to this person" and be able to click on attach rather than cancelling the email, going to the photoroll, choosing the pic then send by email then recreating the email I just scrapped.

FYI, you can do all of that, but instead of clicking send as email, hold your finger down on the pic, and a pop up will come to let you copy it. Then, go back to the email in-progress, and paste it in there.

Not sure if anyone else posted this, but wanted to throw it out there if not.

alexhasfun28

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I have my big and high hopes with the iPhone HDS
HD-High Definition
&
S-Speed

OR

iPhone G4 or iPhone 2010

or something that may have to do with multi-task. Probably like iPhone HDM or something different. Maybe iPhone 4.0 :) who knows. Too soon to tell.

Stupifiery

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
who's excited!!?!? I am.
I believe we will see an slightly revamped ui (too big of a change and they'll alienate all the people who were scared of smart phones prior to the iphone), for a higher res screen. hopefully some reference to a forward facing camera deep in the os code, someone's bound to dig through that stuff. I hope that the 3GS will be capable of the software upgrade, but I'll probably get the new phone anyway, lol.

Maybe we will see some limited multitasking such as messaging with an app open! Maybe one or two third party apps, but I don't really see the big deal for third party multitasking, just a way to eat through more bandwidth. The ipod plays in the background on basically every app (very well i might add), this gives us added incentive to buy music still, which is probably a good thing.

Universal inbox, I definitely see that happening, and universal ibook support (all iphone os devices). I guess we shall see very soon!

speedracer99

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
SMS Ringtone

Something easy Apple. Ability to customize ring tone for incoming Text Messages on a per user basis. One ring tone for all SMS. C'Mon. Basic Feature!

jschwartz73#IM

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Last Friday I wrote a blog about fourteen features that are needed in iPhone OS 4.0.

Some of the bigger ones that I haven't read about in this thread are
* Orientation Lock
* AppStore shopping cart
* Voicemail in background
* Updated Keyboard with predictive words, like Android's

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
4.0 on a 3G device?

as everyone here knows, the 3G device is not as fast as the 3GS

so is it safe to assume that with 4.0 it will just completely bog it down at times?

is 4.0 more targeted for the 3GS?

thoughts?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Introduce a file system. If an iPod can do it, so can an iPhone and iPad. I don't have a major need for multitasking. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77