• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Disappointed - Returning Mine to Apple

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Nah, these are hoaxes.
Or, pardon my French, these type of people are madly fingering their new devices.

Oh my gosh dude the things people come up with is incredible LOL.

I just rubbed my finger along the edge of my phone and theirs no way it would cut my finger

The threads I’ve seen made over on MacRumors this release are on a whole other level of stupid haha. Happens every year and seems to get more ridiculous each cycle haha.

I was trying to give the OP the benefit of the doubt -- particularly since he didn't claim it actually sliced his finger. The point remains, this year's iPhones do not have sharp edges and, if for some reason someone gets one, they should exchange it as something isn't right. Apple did a great job of blunting the edges on these phones.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
So I have an 11 pro...not max size and I got the 12 pro. First thing I noticed is that I like the curved edges much better on my 11 pro. Easier to hold for me and just more comfortable. Secondly, I can justify coughing up about $350-$400 after selling my 11 pro for the 12 pro. The cameras are not improved enough, 5G I could care less about being that it barely even exists in my area, and while I gain more screen real estate the battery has decreased. So what am I really paying for? A flat screen with squared off edges? I think the 11 pros to the 12 pros are not upgrade worthy this time around. The 12 pro reminds me of an "S" model this year unfortunately.

Yeah. If you're coming from an X or earlier then it can be justified. From an 11 pro or pro max, I don't think it's worth it.

I'm really disappointed in Apple this year. Making the batteries smaller is such a stupid move. I just don't understand it.

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
So I have an 11 pro...not max size and I got the 12 pro. First thing I noticed is that I like the curved edges much better on my 11 pro. Easier to hold for me and just more comfortable. Secondly, I can justify coughing up about $350-$400 after selling my 11 pro for the 12 pro. The cameras are not improved enough, 5G I could care less about being that it barely even exists in my area, and while I gain more screen real estate the battery has decreased. So what am I really paying for? A flat screen with squared off edges? I think the 11 pros to the 12 pros are not upgrade worthy this time around. The 12 pro reminds me of an "S" model this year unfortunately.

The 12 pro definitely feels like an S model which is a bit puzzling. But for some of us coming from devices a few years old it's a definite upgrade.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
The 12 pro definitely feels like an S model which is a bit puzzling. But for some of us coming from devices a few years old it's a definite upgrade.

Agreed. It's a great upgrade for people coming from an 8/8plus,X,XS,XR....I'd still recommend the regular 12 for those upgrading. the 12 pro 6.1" is an odd model this year. Most will go for the 12 pro max for the better camera specs, that's if one can handle that screen size.

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. It's a great upgrade for people coming from an 8/8plus,X,XS,XR....I'd still recommend the regular 12 for those upgrading. the 12 pro 6.1" is an odd model this year. Most will go for the 12 pro max for the better camera specs, that's if one can handle that screen size.

That's where I feel a lot of people will gravitate towards, but that's a big screen lol. For me I almost feel like I made a mistake with the 12pro and should have waited for the max, but I have never had a devices that size before, that's where I hesitated.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
That's where I feel a lot of people will gravitate towards, but that's a big screen lol. For me I almost feel like I made a mistake with the 12pro and should have waited for the max, but I have never had a devices that size before, that's where I hesitated.

It's a big device and a very heavy device. I personally won't use that size phone. 6.1" is the perfect size

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

If it didn’t come with 5G, a bigger screen, less bezels, and a redesign then I would agree.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
If it didn’t come with 5G, a bigger screen, less bezels, and a redesign then I would agree.

I think the bigger screen is the biggest plus. 5G barely exists now and if it does the speeds are slightly better which you wouldn’t even notice. The less bezels are millimeters that the average person will not even notice. Having the 11 pro I notice the slightly larger screen but not really the bezels. In the end the experience is the same so it’s hard to justify the upgrade this year. I usually upgrade every year too so it says a lot for me not to this year.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site

I made the spontaneous decision to get the 12 pro last night instead of the Max.. coming from the 11 pro max I feel like I’ve sort of downgraded a bit. My girlfriend upgraded from the 11 to the 12 pro and it pushed me over the purchase edge lol. I like the square design and it is a one handed phone but I feel like I’m missing things. I’ll probably return this one and pre order the Max on Friday. Ugh why do I have to be so into phone tech lol

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I think the bigger screen is the biggest plus. 5G barely exists now and if it does the speeds are slightly better which you wouldn’t even notice. The less bezels are millimeters that the average person will not even notice. Having the 11 pro I notice the slightly larger screen but not really the bezels. In the end the experience is the same so it’s hard to justify the upgrade this year. I usually upgrade every year too so it says a lot for me not to this year.

I will say, even though T-Mobile is working on the low band side, I can see increases of upwards of 50+mbps in city areas. Verizon and AT&T’s millimeter wave is where the huge jumps are if you can be right by a box. You can get speeds of 2,000mbps+. However, that high band is broken down by literally anything including wind.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

5G may barely exist for you but it’s not the way for everybody.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I will say, even though T-Mobile is working on the low band side, I can see increases of upwards of 50+mbps in city areas. Verizon and AT&T’s millimeter wave is where the huge jumps are if you can be right by a box. You can get speeds of 2,000mbps+. However, that high band is broken down by literally anything including wind.

Yeah I have AT&T and it barely exists where I am located. Would love to see those speeds one day.

5G may barely exist for you but it’s not the way for everybody.

So it fully exists for you? If so, what kind of speeds are you getting compared to LTE?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I have AT&T and it barely exists where I am located. Would love to see those speeds one day.

So it fully exists for you? If so, what kind of speeds are you getting compared to LTE?

150-300 on low band 5G with mid band starting to roll out here in Las Vegas last week. Normally LTE I get 30 to 100. Mid band people are getting 300-1000 DL here

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

1cbe39f6104bcf164da2e00d007e6c84.jpg

Just some numbers if you’re near where UW is

Either way I’m still upgrading I need more storage and I want the new design.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman