Delayed notifications?

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Is there any way to stop wifi from sleeping?? I keep getting delayed notifications! They only come in on time when the screen is active/turned on! I initially thought it was because i had background refresh turned off so i enabled it but that made no difference! Then my understanding was that they are coming in delayed because mobile data is turned off and wifi goes to sleep once the screen is off right? That would make sense ... IF they did not come in at all once the screen was off but they some times do , they are just late coming in so that would indicate they are still being pushed?

Anyone any ideas? Is mobile data the culprit or should they come in on time as long as i am connected to wifi? Ive used dozens of android handsets and always had mobile data off and this was never an issue so iam finding it strange!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I don’t know the answer to this, since I have cellular data always enabled.

I mean to have read somewhere that WiFi is only active when the phone sleeps if it is on the charger.
This also makes sense to me.

I think because Apple has decided that WiFi is less important when the phone sleeps and disabling cellular data doesn’t change that.

My advice to you, as I already posted in another thread, is to enable cellular data anyway. Notifications barely use any data, if you’re worried about running out of your monthly plan with your carrier.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I don’t know the answer to this, since I have cellular data always enabled.

I mean to have read somewhere that WiFi is only active when the phone sleeps if it is on the charger.
This also makes sense to me.

I think because Apple has decided that WiFi is less important when the phone sleeps and disabling cellular data doesn’t change that.

My advice to you, as I already posted in another thread, is to enable cellular data anyway. Notifications barely use any data, if you’re worried about running out of your monthly plan with your carrier.

Well i was hoping there was a way to just keep wifi on as i assume wifi does indeed get put to sleep within a few seconds of turning off the screen it seems! Mobile data might not use alot of data but once i enable it i get charged 1 euro per day wether i even use data or not! Might not seem like much but thats an extra 30 bucks a month just so i can receive notifications on time lol

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Well i was hoping there was a way to just keep wifi on as i assume wifi does indeed get put to sleep within a few seconds of turning off the screen it seems! Mobile data might not use alot of data but once i enable it i get charged 1 euro per day wether i even use data or not! Might not seem like much but thats an extra 30 bucks a month just so i can receive notifications on time lol

What country are you in?
Most carriers I know off (I’m in the Netherlands) include a cellular data allowance in their plans.
Mine is unlimited and my parents have both 1024 MB in their plan.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
@Blaalad12, you have had nothing but issues with “your” iPhone X. Every day, there’s a new dilemma and another Android comparison. In another thread, I recommended that you sell your iPhone X and return to using the S8 because you appeared to have been more happy with it. Please take that logical advice and be happy and problem-free. Thank you.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
@Blaalad12, you have had nothing but issues with “your” iPhone X. Every day, there’s a new dilemma and another Android comparison. In another thread, I recommended that you sell your iPhone X and return to using the S8 because you appeared to have been more happy with it. Please take that logical advice and be happy and problem-free. Thank you.

Well said! I was just going to say how there is a new thread everyday from @Blaalad12. It's okay to ask questions and seek help, that is what these forums are for, but it seems as if all the threads are negative and totally nitpicking extremely silly instances.

I've never had issues with notifications on wifi. I'm on wifi more than I am on cellular data so not sure what he/she is referring to.

Poor wifi on the iPhone X??? Nope don't have that issue either!

As for the sounds issue thread that was posted as well...I've never had problems understanding how sounds work on the iPhone. I think it's quite simple just like everything else in ios platform. The silent switch is the most convenient part of the iphone, even android users have wished for a dedicated silent switch for the longest time.

My advice for you @Blaalad12, you seem to compare every "issue" your facing with a non issue you had on the s8. These two operating systems are totally different, you will have to adjust to iOS. If you can't find those adjustments then maybe iPhones aren't for you?

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Seriously somebody had to say it ...

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site

So everyone that finds an issue with a new phone should go back to there old phone? Theres a reason ia keeping the X - I like the device! Its a good phone. However. I have been with android for years so the change to ios obviously comes with some negatives! If i come across an issue then i come here to learn if its normal, can it be rectified and so forth! It seems you get butthurt whenever i find an issue WITH MY PHONE! I suggest you turn a blind eye to my posts in future and leave me post what i want to post! Why should i change phones because YOU dont like me finding issue with my device! Get a grip

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
So everyone that finds an issue with a new phone should go back to there old phone? Theres a reason ia keeping the X - I like the device! Its a good phone. However. I have been with android for years so the change to ios obviously comes with some negatives! If i come across an issue then i come here to learn if its normal, can it be rectified and so forth! It seems you get butthurt whenever i find an issue WITH MY PHONE! I suggest you turn a blind eye to my posts in future and leave me post what i want to post! Why should i change phones because YOU dont like me finding issue with my device! Get a grip

I just want to say one thing, forget everything what you know from Samsung and Android.

When I switched from Windows Mobile to iOS, some 8 years ago, I went crazy with all the stuff that wasn’t there on iOS.
I went jailbreaking and learned a lot of stuff.
Then Apple went and introduced some features that I wanted the most in iOS and I stopped jailbreaking altogether.

Nowadays I don’t even know what’s possible with other systems. And frankly, I don’t care. Whenever somebody comes along and tells me about Android I stop them from talking.
I’m not interested, and will not be interested as long as iOS does what I want it to do.

TL:DR Forget Android, get used to iOS, make yourself familiar. Google, search and research. Even keep using iMore for this purposes, but stop telling us iMorians how much better Android is.

Last edited:

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I just want to say one thing, forget everything what you know from Samsung and Android.

When I switched from Windows Mobile to iOS, some 8 years ago, I went crazy with all the stuff that wasn’t there on iOS.
I went jailbreaking and learned a lot of stuff.
Then Apple went and introduced some features that I wanted the most in iOS and I stopped jailbreaking altogether.

Nowadays I don’t even know what’s possible with other systems. And frankly, I don’t care. Whenever somebody comes along and tells me about Android I stop them from talking.
I’m not interested, and will not be interested as long as iOS does what I want it to do.

TL:DR Forget Android, get used to iOS, make yourself familiar. Google, search and research. Even keep using iMore for this purposes, but stop telling us iMorians how much better Android is.

Thanks for at least going about getting your point across the right way. I will try be more mindful in future. I genuinely love my Iphone X. I just am new to IOS so it takes a little getting used to the changes. No phone is perfect and there will always be pros and cons to both operating systems!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So everyone that finds an issue with a new phone should go back to there old phone?
Not at all. With that in mind, if all you do is complain about what you can’t do with one device that you can with the other which is what you were doing, it is logical, at least to me, that the person should use the device that did everything he or she wanted. Does that not make sense?
Theres a reason ia keeping the X - I like the device! Its a good phone. However. I have been with android for years so the change to ios obviously comes with some negatives! If i come across an issue then i come here to learn if its normal, can it be rectified and so forth! It seems you get butthurt whenever i find an issue WITH MY PHONE!
No. I don’t get hurt feelings from things like this. I’m one of those people who tries to solve problems and be done with it.
I suggest you turn a blind eye to my posts in future and leave me post what i want to post! Why should i change phones because YOU dont like me finding issue with my device! Get a grip
Honestly, I don’t have a problem with you having issues with your phone. Heck, I’ll be the first one to try to help you solve the problem you’re having. With that in mind, if I detect a certain....trend....I will comment and make note of it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1