Color coming off iPhone 7 Matte Black

Naflsh

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
anyone having issues with the color rubbing off phone?? I got it when it was released. Never use a case but never had one with my 6 or 6s either. All the black is coming off the sides and bottom of phone!! Any help or if its helping to you.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
anyone having issues with the color rubbing off phone?? I got it when it was released. Never use a case but never had one with my 6 or 6s either. All the black is coming off the sides and bottom of phone!! Any help or if its helping to you.

I have the jet black but it's in a Spigen case since day one

I never use any phone without a case, I have perfection OCD and having a phone with chipped paint or any scratch would make me not wanna keep it

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I haven't and flat out refuse to put my iPhone 7 Plus in a case. I've dropped it, bumped it a few times while at work and yet, there isn't a nick, scrape, scratch, ding or crack on it. Furthermore, the color isn';t rubbing off or even fading. Having said that, what are you using to clean it with?

Naflsh

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
not cleaning it with anything. just a cloth every now and then. I talked to apple and they said never heard of it doing that. Have to go to a store and see a tech.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
not cleaning it with anything. just a cloth every now and then. I talked to apple and they said never heard of it doing that. Have to go to a store and see a tech.

Oh okay. Well, let us know the outcome of your trip to the Genius Bar, if you don't mind.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The slate iPhone 5 did the same thing so not really a surprise. The anodizing on the iPhone 7 is much stronger but no anodizing is perfect and is subject to wear.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Oh okay. Well, let us know the outcome of your trip to the Genius Bar, if you don't mind.

Good luck! and as D said, keep us updated. It's happened before but I'm sure tech is better with anodizing so I'd be surprised if it was a wide-spread issue.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Wow, that's insane... I kinda wish there was a pic in this thread to see this, because I've never heard of color coming off an iPhone before. That happened with the slate iPhone 5??

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's insane... I kinda wish there was a pic in this thread to see this, because I've never heard of color coming off an iPhone before. That happened with the slate iPhone 5??

It didn't happen with mine while I had it...

Naflsh

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
Yeah normal amount. I even told Apple
That. I see if the phone was 7 months old that the polish would start coming off. But not this early in a phone.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Yup. Google "iphone 5 paint rubbing off".

The one in this thread looks like some wild wear, but have to take the OP's word for it nothing happened. Didn't happen to try to buff it to jet black, right?

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site

At the end of the day its just paint covering the device and its going to come off if it gets rubbed enough. I know its terrible to see something new look old in a matter of weeks. I would say, purchase a fear case, so you can still see the iPhone beauty and it will protect your colour :)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
At the end of the day its just paint covering the device and its going to come off if it gets rubbed enough. I know its terrible to see something new look old in a matter of weeks. I would say, purchase a fear case, so you can still see the iPhone beauty and it will protect your colour :)

I don't know about that.... it shouldn't be rubbing off in everyday use.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I have the jet black but it's in a Spigen case since day one

I never use any phone without a case, I have perfection OCD and having a phone with chipped paint or any scratch would make me not wanna keep it

I had that as well but I've learned to give it up and while I care I just don't find it an issue anymore.y iPhone 6 plus had micro scratches that I don't even see unless I go looking for them. I don't doubt my 7 will as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll