Cleaning Dirty Apple Watch Bands

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't have a UV Sanitizer, nor am I getting one for $70. It seems as though the Clorox wipes are okay for everything but fabric. I wonder if a fabric band could go in the washing machine??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Per Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-us/108893

For Solo Loop, Braided Solo Loop, Sport Band, Sport Loop, Ocean Band, Alpine Loop, and Trail Loop:

Wipe the band clean with a nonabrasive, lint-free cloth. If necessary, lightly dampen the cloth with fresh water. With these bands, you can also use mild hypoallergenic hand soap for cleaning.

Dry the band with a nonabrasive, lint-free cloth before you attach it to your Apple Watch.

Reactions: pr1nce and Annie_M

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I don't have a UV Sanitizer, nor am I getting one for $70. It seems as though the Clorox wipes are okay for everything but fabric. I wonder if a fabric band could go in the washing machine??
I got my phonesoap uv sanitizer during a Black Friday event a couple of years ago. I paid about $30 for mine and got several for Christmas gifts!

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site

Me personally I put all of my Apple sport loop bands in a mesh laundry bag and wash them on a delicate cycle in my washing machine then lay them flat to air dry. I’ve never had an issue doing it this way since 2017 even though Apple doesn’t suggest it as a proper cleaning method. I sweat a lot during my workouts so I want my sport loop bands clean not just wiped down with a cloth or wet down with water and soap which seems gross to me.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Me personally I put all of my Apple sport loop bands in a mesh laundry bag and wash them on a delicate cycle in my washing machine then lay them flat to air dry. I’ve never had an issue doing it this way since 2017 even though Apple doesn’t suggest it as a proper cleaning method. I sweat a lot during my workouts so I want my sport loop bands clean not just wiped down with a cloth or wet down with water and soap which seems gross to me.
This is a great idea!!!

Reactions: ksassy

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
When I wear them, I have always washed my sport loops and braided solo loops (and the old woven nylon ) in the zippered pocket of a pair of shorts when I do the laundry. It's not a recommended practiced by Apple, though nor is it something they recommend against - but it works for me.