Case? Do you really need one?

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I take good care of all my electronics and i have applecare+ but i still use a case and i don't really like it. I'd prefer to use no case at all

soogriff

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm a clutz so mine stays in an Otterbox. It's done cartwheels down a flight of stairs at the gym. Glad it was cased.

Priyal27

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I want protection, so that i know when the knew i phone comes out i can sell this one for a higher price. protection>looks for me.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't want it but I need it. LOL If I had insurance I wouldn't worry; but I was a little late.

I see you're on Verizon! They have open enrollment for TEC through the end of the month. I have it on my 4S that I didn't purchase directly from Verizon. Also added it to my wife's white 4 that she's been using over a year now! This was just done in the last couple weeks!!

Just a heads up!

scottdennis

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
If you're like me. . .yes

I tend to be able to tear up an anvil. So I use the mack daddy case AND have insurance. Sort of my life philosophy of I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

PLUS, I hunt so I dig the Realtree? camo pattern on my OB. That way the deer can't see me texting when it's slow. LOL!

Last edited:

salpiche

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I just leave mine at home!

J/K

when at home and randomly I have no case on mine, when at work or long days it's inside a Mophie case.

menomonee

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
It's too slippery without a case. I tried a few until I found a Belkin case that has enough grip to hold, but not too much grip to stick in my pocket.

GPD1739A

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I used an Otterbox Defender for a while until I was required to carry a Blackberry for work - I elected to get a Speck PixelSkin case through the free Apple Bumper program and now I use that primarily.

I mostly use a case to give the phone some sort of adhesion on a table and so forth so it's not idly knocked off a tabletop or other smooth surface.

I don't use any sort of protective "skin" on the front surface - I had one at some point but found I appreciated the crispness of the display more without it.

I have a 4 (not a 4S) and am coming up on two years (picked up the 4 as a preorder so I had it on release date), and the phone still looks like new.

ricnmar

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
OtterBox Defender, Speck CandyShell Card Case, and a Cubs logo hard case... I like to switch it up AND I have killed 3 phones before I got my iPhone so I am almost always going to have it in a case.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I normally always use a case. For the last couple days I have been going naked and hoping for the best. So far so good no dings, dents or scratches. :eek:

cretz42#WN

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I have my phone in a case about 99% of the time, mostly an otterbox. Yes, i realize it's just a phone, but to me it's more of an investment. I paid a decent amount of my money for this device, use it every day, plan on having it for a long time, and rely on it for communication and organization. Therefore, since it's one of the few material things that I have purchased, I feel the need to protect it as much as possible. Plus with my active lifestyle, better safe than sorry.

kshen1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I definitely need a case since I play lots of sports. Here's my setup.

Griffin Reveal Case in Grey
Verizon screen protectors which I love even though they're over priced

bbui4

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I keep mine is a case so it will retain its high resale value. Usually sell the phone every year to get the next iPhone.

A lot of the slim cases aren't too bad. It also helps me differentiate my phone from all of my friends' iPhones.