Case? Do you really need one?

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I take good care of all my electronics and i have applecare+ but i still use a case and i don't really like it. I'd prefer to use no case at all

soogriff

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm a clutz so mine stays in an Otterbox. It's done cartwheels down a flight of stairs at the gym. Glad it was cased.

Priyal27

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I want protection, so that i know when the knew i phone comes out i can sell this one for a higher price. protection>looks for me.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't want it but I need it. LOL If I had insurance I wouldn't worry; but I was a little late.

I see you're on Verizon! They have open enrollment for TEC through the end of the month. I have it on my 4S that I didn't purchase directly from Verizon. Also added it to my wife's white 4 that she's been using over a year now! This was just done in the last couple weeks!!

Just a heads up!

scottdennis

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
If you're like me. . .yes

I tend to be able to tear up an anvil. So I use the mack daddy case AND have insurance. Sort of my life philosophy of I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

PLUS, I hunt so I dig the Realtree? camo pattern on my OB. That way the deer can't see me texting when it's slow. LOL!

Last edited:

salpiche

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I just leave mine at home!

J/K

when at home and randomly I have no case on mine, when at work or long days it's inside a Mophie case.

menomonee

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
It's too slippery without a case. I tried a few until I found a Belkin case that has enough grip to hold, but not too much grip to stick in my pocket.

GPD1739A

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I used an Otterbox Defender for a while until I was required to carry a Blackberry for work - I elected to get a Speck PixelSkin case through the free Apple Bumper program and now I use that primarily.

I mostly use a case to give the phone some sort of adhesion on a table and so forth so it's not idly knocked off a tabletop or other smooth surface.

I don't use any sort of protective "skin" on the front surface - I had one at some point but found I appreciated the crispness of the display more without it.

I have a 4 (not a 4S) and am coming up on two years (picked up the 4 as a preorder so I had it on release date), and the phone still looks like new.

ricnmar

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
OtterBox Defender, Speck CandyShell Card Case, and a Cubs logo hard case... I like to switch it up AND I have killed 3 phones before I got my iPhone so I am almost always going to have it in a case.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I normally always use a case. For the last couple days I have been going naked and hoping for the best. So far so good no dings, dents or scratches. :eek:

cretz42#WN

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I have my phone in a case about 99% of the time, mostly an otterbox. Yes, i realize it's just a phone, but to me it's more of an investment. I paid a decent amount of my money for this device, use it every day, plan on having it for a long time, and rely on it for communication and organization. Therefore, since it's one of the few material things that I have purchased, I feel the need to protect it as much as possible. Plus with my active lifestyle, better safe than sorry.

kshen1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I definitely need a case since I play lots of sports. Here's my setup.

Griffin Reveal Case in Grey
Verizon screen protectors which I love even though they're over priced

bbui4

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I keep mine is a case so it will retain its high resale value. Usually sell the phone every year to get the next iPhone.

A lot of the slim cases aren't too bad. It also helps me differentiate my phone from all of my friends' iPhones.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR