Can't get Chat Heads back

WindingBerry

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
When FB app first updated I had the new chat heads feature and stickers. For some reason I no longer have chat heads feature. I have attempted to change the plist file but to no avail. Could someone with chat head currently working post their plist file so I can compare values of all strings. Thank you.

WindingBerry

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I tried that among other things. Nothing seems to work. I have stickers but no chat heads. F someone would be so kind as to post a screen of the plist I would greatly appreciate it.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Do I have to JB my phone to install that?

It's a general assumption that people posting in the jailbreak forums have access to tweaks. Advice in the Apps section generally is more geared towards non-jb solutions to similar problems.

Did you change the plist originally? Or why do you think the solution will be found there? I'll look for the file when I get out of class tonight.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Looking through the plist now. If you're using xCode, the entry you want is in ProjectGating_########## -> Cache

named: messenger_chat_heads_ios as a BOOLEAN with value YES

If you're using something like textrwrangler, look for ProjectGating. There's a list of booleans below that. Place:
<key>messenger_chat_heads_ios</key>
<true/>

in line with the rest of the choices.

WindingBerry

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes. After changing the value to true, saving the file and replacing the file on the iPhone it reverts back to false/no. I always kill the app before and have even tried resetting my phone. Nothing seems to work.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Wow. I find the chat heads thing to be one of the most annoying things Facebook has ever done. And that’s saying something.

Am I the only one? And oh, yeah, I don’t like ranch dressing either. Guess I’m pretty much all alone here. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urbanwoodsman1966