Can I set up an iPhone 6 and 6 Plus w/a bit of privacy?

I

iMore Question

My husband and I use the same Apple account and two days ago i started see all his recent calls and he could see mine too how can I stop that? Also today I couldn't send txt?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6 and 6plus no privacy

I'm not sure why you can't send texts, but for calls, that's probably because you are using the same Apple account. I can see all my info from my 6+ on my 5, and any app that is on iPhone and iPad I can see on my iPad Air, and I can see all the same info on my MacBook. So as far as Apple related data, I'm pretty sure it would sync between both your phones due to being connected to the same Apple Account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 6 and 6plus no privacy

You can share the same iTunes ID, but you need separate iCloud, iMessage and FaceTime ID's. That's what my Wife and I do. If we had kids, I'd go with Family Sharing. But not for just the 2 of us.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

My wife can look at my calls and text messages anytime she wants. That is why she is my wife. . . . I'm just saying.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

It's not even about privacy with using the same Apple ID. It's just a Mess with phone calls and messages, they aren't made to be shared on more than one phone in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

It's not even about privacy with using the same Apple ID. It's just a Mess with phone calls and messages, they aren't made to be shared on more than one phone in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do not disagree with you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

My husband and I use the same Apple account and two days ago i started see all his recent calls and he could see mine too how can I stop that? Also today I couldn't send txt?

Using separate Apple IDs will solve this issue. You will still be able to share certain data, if you'd like.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Using separate Apple IDs will solve this issue. You will still be able to share certain data, if you'd like.

But not iTunes apps, music and etc. Share the iTunes ID, but separate iCloud, iMessage and FaceTime. It's what we do. So we share the same purchased list.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4