Calendar spam??

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Never seen this before.

But some stupid spam event magically appeared in my calendar. My calendar is tied to my Gmail account but there's no email in my inbox or junk mail folders.
Anyone experience this?

5dd4fd0c78dc566757678e9cdb823572.jpg

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, it seems to be the new way of spamming someone by sending calendar events. If you accept or deny them, the spammers get confirmation on a live email account. It's *highly* annoying.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it seems to be the new way of spamming someone by sending calendar events. If you accept or deny them, the spammers get confirmation on a live email account. It's *highly* annoying.

Exactly. You have to delete them, or you'll be inundated with spam. Oddly, my Gmail account seems to let these through, while my outlook.com accounts detect them as spam and deal with them.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. You have to delete them, or you'll be inundated with spam. Oddly, my Gmail account seems to let these through, while my outlook.com accounts detect them as spam and deal with them.

It hasn't happened to me on my Google or iCloud calendars, but apparently one solution to this issue is to create a new calendar, move these events to that calendar, then delete the calendar. This will not send any confirmation.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

I think Gmail might be learning to filter them. I had a few show up about a month or so ago, but haven't had any recently. Still, it's an annoying method of spam.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site

Just got one today via my Outlook.com account, which is the calendar I use. So Outlook.com isn't catching it either.

anon(9057135)

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I don't get them on either Google Calendar or Outlook Calendar, but I think it's because I have kept my emails my private and because I have exclusive email filters to filter almost everything to the trash if its not something I have replied to, or have in my contacts.

wwlad

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Thankyou.
I just set my iCloud preferences as recommended.
Previously I had made a Mail rule to block the email address of the sender causing the calendar entry, however iCloud preferences change seems more comprehensive.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Since I'm not sharing events with any family members or friends, I just disabled calendar sync in my phone settings. No more spam, and I still get notifications for anything I've personally added to my calendar.

Settings > iCloud: untick Calendars.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamadam9120