Best way to run Windows 10

giper54

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I have an iMac Retina and I would like to run Windows 10? I am wondering what people's experiences have been running Windows on an iMac and what has worked best? Boot camp? Parallels? VM Fusion? Am I missing any thing? Please let me know what has worked best for you

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I prefer parallels. Love the software and it runs darn near as fast as native for my needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a Mac Mini with Windows 7 64 bits bootcamp.
My question is how do I update this windows 7 partition to Windows 10 ?
Just like a pc directly in the windows 7 partition ?
Or
I have to scrap windows 7 and remake the bootcamp process for Windows 10 ?

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a Mac Mini with Windows 7 64 bits bootcamp.
My question is how do I update this windows 7 partition to Windows 10 ?
Just like a pc directly in the windows 7 partition ?
Or
I have to scrap windows 7 and remake the bootcamp process for Windows 10 ?

I also am curious.

patternjake

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Personally, I hate Windows 10, so I use Windows 7, and that is under Parallels. I won't let Microsoft's buggy OS running natively on my expensive hardware.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Personally, I hate Windows 10, so I use Windows 7, and that is under Parallels. I won't let Microsoft's buggy OS running natively on my expensive hardware.

Windows 10 almost crashed out one of my netbooks. Took me 48 hours of wiping and clean installs. Finally got it to work. It's definitely not as smooth as 7 on certain computers, my primary is still running 7...

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.

patternjake

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Yup, do yourself a favour and don't use Windows 10. It is in-secure, shares everything you do to Microsoft without your consent or knowledge, and is completely ridden with bugs. Heck I even lost access to the start menu and 'cortana' with a very annoying message that would pop up asking me to sign out, then when i signed back in again it come up with the same error, meaning a loop of a non-functioning computer. That's just one of the issues, I could be here naming them all day.

Now, I may be more of a fan of Apple than I am of Microsoft, but don't get me wrong, I love XBOX ONE and Windows 7 (it's their best OS yet) but I refuse to install that Windows 10 trash.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dromen