• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Best twitter Application?

Whats your favorite Twitter app

• Tweetie

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Tweetie 2

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Twitterrific

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Twitterrific Premium

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Twitbit

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Twittelator Pro

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • SimplyTweet

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • TweetDeck

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Tweeterena Pro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

my head just exploded from all of the Twitter options bounced back and forth here. i swear these Twitter apps are like Lays potato chips...'can't eat just one'

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

my head just exploded from all of the Twitter options bounced back and forth here. i swear these Twitter apps are like Lays potato chips...'can't eat just one'

That's probably the best way I've ever heard it described, haha

You get one then you see another and you're like "oooh I need that one too!"

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
Yeah, I'm on simplytweet now. Didn't like it as much as twittelator pro for whatever reason. Then used it tonite and saw push in action. I'm sold. It's simplytweet (for now...)

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Tweetie 2 is SO FAST! I just wish it had built in PUSH. Now am back on SimplyTweet, for now ;)

If I didn't have boxcar, i'd be using twitbit or i'd try simply tweet.

i REALLY liked the threaded convos in twitbird pro but there's a lot of things that app is lacking.

that and i HATE the icon for that app. it's hideous. it sounds dumb but i just didn't want it on my homescreen. i'm shallow, haha

PhxBlue

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Twitterapp-aholic.

I have bought pretty much every single one of them and am never totally satisfied. There's always something missing or some little annoyance that keeps me on Twitter app watch in the Appstore.. Twittelator Pro has pleased me the most with its plethora of functions but it still has no push functionality. SimplyTweet is nice too but I cant stand its home screen icon and could do without having to switch pages to activate links or see pics. Then there is Tweetie 2.. I don't get the hype over that one. Personally I think its way too cluttered and ugly, and the home screen icon is drab and boring. Lets not forget those knuckleheads behind Twitbird Pro. Decent app but they lock down push functionality by limiting it so you only get push between Twitbird users and then further assault your wallet by charging an extra $3.00 via in app purchase and label it "global push".. WTF is up with that??

I think I need therapy or a support group or something...

Last edited:

mth785

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
If push is something you need, what's $3? TwitBird Pro is my favorite Twitter app but then I couldn't give a damn about push.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
The two I think that are the best are SimplyTweet and Twitterific Premium. I'd love to have a combination of the two. And yes, I have bought just about everyone of them, too.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Are you using the free version, or have you bought the Premium one yet? Honestly, I don't even know what the difference is...

dok

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
if you're jailbroken and want a quick way to tweet or post status updates to facebook, check out qtweeter. pretty slick if you ask me. it can be found in the cydia app store. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman