Battery life

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey…

Checking on the battery life on the 11 Pro, about 18 months in.

I’m at 85% battery life. I have lost 7% after the battery’s recalibration on 14.5.

Anyone else wants to share theirs?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully, those with the iPhone 11 Pro will respond soon. In the meantime enjoy the rest of your weekend, sir ;)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Got my 12 Pro Max on release day in October. 7 months later, still at 100% battery health. And I'm a heavy user. Never had the 11 Pro.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
My 11 Pro Max before and after battery recalibration is still at 100% which shocks me since I consider myself a heavy user. Guess I should be happy there’s no change after 11 months of usage.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey…

Checking on the battery life on the 11 Pro, about 18 months in.

I’m at 85% battery life. I have lost 7% after the battery’s recalibration on 14.5.

Anyone else wants to share theirs?

I never check my battery life, but I did for the sake of this post & I’m at 90% on my 11 Pro. I’ve had it for 11 months.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
49a70ffc86bd78cff51fdb2bceea1a5b.jpg

Sounds like a better idea than paying for a new phone and a new laptop the same year.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Replacement batteries make sense to me, My XS is now at 80% (whatever that truly means) I will wait until the phone tells me it can no longer cope and get a new battery for the last few supported years. I was going to get a new phone this year, but nothing seems to be coming up that I NEED (sorry !) so running the thing till it is no longer viable seems the best thing to do.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Replacement batteries make sense to me, My XS is now at 80% (whatever that truly means) I will wait until the phone tells me it can no longer cope and get a new battery for the last few supported years. I was going to get a new phone this year, but nothing seems to be coming up that I NEED (sorry !) so running the thing till it is no longer viable seems the best thing to do.

80% means that when fully charged, it has 80% of the original capacity.

The phone will start recommending a battery replacement at 79%. Mine’s at 75% right now

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I had the battery replaced. All seems good, but I need to restore my phone from a backup.

Friendly reminder: If you're running a beta iOS version, they will nuke all the data and restore to the current shipping version because the diagnostics will fail on beta versions.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Why would I be?

Well from my point of view the battery health app is suspect, it seems to be,shall we say Apple facing ! My battery health dropped fairly steeply to 83% a month or so before Apple care + expired and stuck there till about two months afterwards, so did not move at all for about four months. Not the normal behaviour of that iPhone at all. But very useful if you don’t want to replace a battery free of charge !
Yes,batteries do lose their top end quickly and then slow down, but normally far higher up the scale.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well from my point of view the battery health app is suspect, it seems to be,shall we say Apple facing ! My battery health dropped fairly steeply to 83% a month or so before Apple care + expired and stuck there till about two months afterwards, so did not move at all for about four months. Not the normal behaviour of that iPhone at all. But very useful if you don’t want to replace a battery free of charge !
Yes,batteries do lose their top end quickly and then slow down, but normally far higher up the scale.

My 12 Pro Max battery stayed at 100% for a full year. Then in 4 months dropped to 93%. It stayed at 93% for almost 5 months. It just recently dropped to 91%. I've had it for 21 months. I still have my 6s Plus I used for 22 months. It's at 91% battery health.
I'm a heavy user, and don't have any other devices. No computer, no iPad.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

I don’t have AppleCare+ on my phone, nor I ever did. So that’s a hypothesis that wouldn’t apply here.

It took it 2 years to get to around 80% and another 9 months to get to 75%, so it’s fairly linear :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77