AT&T Unlock?

donwjaco

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I tried to get my old iPhone 4 unlocked by AT&T, I filled out the online form, yesterday, about one week later, I got an email telling me that the phone was not active, or the account was closed. Therefore, the phone didn't qualify to be unlocked. I called AT&T, and was told that it was actually Apple that unlocks the phones, and that I needed to talk to them or better yet, being it to one of their stores.
The phone isn't active since I have a new iPhone. That do I need to do to get the phone unlocked?

foxthree7

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T Unlock? HELP

I was wondering if you can help me. I have an old ATT iphone 3gs that I just recently unlocked for my wife so she can use it on her Tmo account and already has a SIM that fits the 3gs. I cant for the life of me figure out why it wont work. It says " only compatible sim cards from a supported carrier may be used to active iPhone. Please insert the SIM that came with your iphone or visit a supported carriers store to receive a replacement card."
What I have done from the beginning :
1) Call ATT, get the link to unlock. Filled everything out.
2) Received a Phone Unlock Request
3) Received "How to complete Authorized iPhone unlock"
4) I updated, backed up, restored the 3gs,
5) Called ATT to insure the phone is unlocked.
6) Called Tmo 4 times. They repeat to me what I tell them from the message on the iphone.

It has been 3 days. I do not know what to do. I called Apple but they just want to charge me for help. The first time I called Tmo, they seemed like they knew what to do and took my IMEI and everything. Any ideas what I am missing ? What is this unlock code I keep reading about ? Never got one. Any help would be great, thank you !

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77