Apps sync with iTunes

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
There are probably at least 30 to 50 apps I have downloaded on my phone, but removed by the time I sync my iPhone with iTunes. So those apps do not appear in my library.

I could go through my receipts one by one, figure out what they are, and download them individually...but is there a faster way to download all apps that have been downloaded (but don't appear in the library). Given the potential change where you can't re-download an app on the iPhone, I want to have all the apps in my library...just in case.

Chris

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
The way I accomplished this with my iPod Touch, on my MacBook, was to plug it in and wait for the iPod to sync (or you can cancel it). Then when it was done, in the menu at the top of the screen (menu bar, as some call it), choose file and then in the drop down menu, there is an option to transfer purchases from iPod. Should be the same with the iPhone.

Itunes then performs a sync of apps from the iPod to the computer. Everything should be the same for the iPhone, as they interface the same way with iTunes.

As for a PC, I am not sure at this moment if the option is in the same location as on the Mac, but it should be.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Yes, except some of the apps that I purchased on the iPhone I have now deleted. So I have to reinstall them on the iPhone to do that.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Not an easy way to re-download all apps, but in iTunes under Account information there is a purchase history link.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abumoosa86