Apple Store Employees Don't Know When They Are Getting LTE 4s

iMassguy

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
They really seem to keep Apple employees in the dark!
Here's my deal, I ordered a 32 gig LTE iPad 4 just after 3am when the Apple store started accepting orders. A few weeks later, AT&T said that they are offering $100.00 off if you sign up for a 2 year data contract. Signing up is no big deal because I'm going to have a data plan anyway so I don't mind saving $100.00. I started thinking, the easiest way to do this will be to take the new iPad to an Apple Store, return it then repurchase it so I can sign up for the plan there/get the discount. I want to make sure there won't be a problem doing that. I called two Apple Stores, both people that I talked to didn't know about the discount and they both said that they don't know when they will have cellular iPads in. A lot of us just enjoy this stuff as a hobby and we seem to know more. I have confirmed with AT&T that the discount will be available for iPads purchased through Apple.

I'd like to plan my time doing this because I'm going to be buying a Mac Mini at the same time. Guess I'll have to wait til next week to call again.

mokkush

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been calling on a daily basis. Everyone I've talked to has been clueless, aside from the "mid-November" timeframe they were told. I've had to educate every single person I've talked to about Apple's website now saying "7 business days" for LTE shipping. It's really ridiculous that they don't know that.

I would expect them sometime this week, or next. I know people said they had tracking numbers, so it can't be long now.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Chances are, they know, just have not been green-lighted to talk about it yet. SOP when it comes to device launches...

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I wouldn't bother calling. The blogs will let you know. LTE ipads should be easy to find as they're not the most popular versions.

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure the $100 off a tablet promotion is in an AT&T store only promotion. Usually the Apple Store doesn't deal with that stuff. That's probably why they know nothing about it.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

iMassguy

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I contacted AT&T again. They confirmed that the discount is available for new and referbished iPads that are purchased through them and AT&T (forgot to ask about other stores but I would presume so). It's like the iPhone being discounted when you sign up for a 2 year contract. The discount just isn't as big.

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I contacted AT&T again. They confirmed that the discount is available for new and referbished iPads that are purchased through them and AT&T (forgot to ask about other stores but I would presume so). It's like the iPhone being discounted when you sign up for a 2 year contract. The discount just isn't as big.

Again I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with the Apple Store. When you get the discount at the AT&T store, you're signing a two year agreement. At the Apple Store, you don't sign any agreement. Trust me, I used to work there. Offers and promos that are offered on iPads aren't available at the Apple Store because you're not signing a contract when you buy it from the Apple Store.

mokkush

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Again I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with the Apple Store. When you get the discount at the AT&T store, you're signing a two year agreement. At the Apple Store, you don't sign any agreement. Trust me, I used to work there. Offers and promos that are offered on iPads aren't available at the Apple Store because you're not signing a contract when you buy it from the Apple Store.

I really don't think this is 100% accurate. I've purchased more than one iPhone on launch day, at the Apple Store, and have signed the corresponding AT&T/Verizon contract in store. How can you be so sure that this is not the case here? I know you CAN purchase the iPad+Cellular w/o signing up for a contract, in the Apple Store, but who's to say you can't sign up right there, just like you do with the phones?

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Because you can't. There is no way at the Apple Store to buy an iPad and sign a contract with a carrier. iPhone you can but not iPad.

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I really don't think this is 100% accurate. I've purchased more than one iPhone on launch day, at the Apple Store, and have signed the corresponding AT&T/Verizon contract in store. How can you be so sure that this is not the case here? I know you CAN purchase the iPad+Cellular w/o signing up for a contract, in the Apple Store, but who's to say you can't sign up right there, just like you do with the phones?

iPhones are different then iPads!

mokkush

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
iPhones are different then iPads!

Thanks! My point remains - the capability is there for them to do it. You make it seem as if it's this far fetched impossibility -- as demonstrated by the iPhone, it's clearly not. I already know from inside sources that they're pushing the cellular iPad more this time around, due to increasingly better options by data carriers (family share plans, for example).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizayoni