Anyone upgrading from their 7 Plus to 8/8+/X?

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I can’t say that I “upgraded” from my iPhone 8. I simply went out and purchased an iPhone X. Now I have both devices. There’ll be times when I take out the SIM from my iPhone X and insert it into the iPhone 8 for a while.

Why? So you’ve got both the 8 and X...but still decide to use 8. Why have both?

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded to the iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB Jet Black from the iPhone 7 128 GB Black on 9/11/17, the day before the X and 8 was announced. So far I am very happy with my 7 Plus and if the battery is not acting up by next year in September I might keep the 7 Plus until next November or December.

My choices what phone to upgrade to will be: X Plus, X Series 2, X, 8 Plus, Galaxy S9 Plus, or Galaxy S9. Any phone I upgrade to must be in a Black/Space Gray color and must have a minimum of 128/256 GB of storage.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I did consider getting an 8 Plus but ultimately got the X. More due to the screen to body ratio, while I want the bigger screen the overall size of a 7/8Plis was bulky and cumbersome at times. The X gives me nearly the same screen space in a different aspect ratio and it has taken some getting used to. Overall I do like using it.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I did consider getting an 8 Plus but ultimately got the X. More due to the screen to body ratio, while I want the bigger screen the overall size of a 7/8Plis was bulky and cumbersome at times. The X gives me nearly the same screen space in a different aspect ratio and it has taken some getting used to. Overall I do like using it.

Yeah I really liked the bigger screen on the plus models, but I don't have large hands and using the much larger phone was annoying at times. Mostly when I was trying to do something one handed like updating my shopping list app while pushing a cart through the store (just as an example). It was always a stretch to unlock then get my thumb up to the top of the screen to tap off a couple items. Yeah I know reachability and all that but I usually forget that exists and never really used it other than on accident.

Having that nearly same size screen in a non-plus body and better cameras makes the X perfect for me. That and having never had to use my PIN to unlock the phone because FaceID hasn't failed to recognize me unlike TouchID where without fail at least once a day and many times more than once a day I'd have to put my PIN in to unlock it.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

And the battery life is comparable to the Plus models.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
One of the guys I work with says the battery life on X isn’t the same as plus, more specifically 7+...based on usage since launch. Not my experience, I’m just the messenger.

It’s pretty good, and can be compared to the Plus depending on the user.

It’s definitely much better than the 4.7” models.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Battery life is a tough thing to nail down. A lot depends on what you are using it for, what is drawing the battery which could be cell service not as strong (depending on carrier and modem inside). I do find the battery life to be comparable to my 7 Plus on the X, based on my usage. With both I would see a 10% drop one day and a 2% drop the next in the same place around the same time doing pretty much the same. Sometimes my Apple Watch 3 LTE shows a big battery drop too for no particular reason.

Nof next year's phones get a single L shaped cell that could increase the battery life as rumored by 10% but time will tell.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77