Anyone upgrading from their 7 Plus to 8/8+/X?

michial

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
I am. I’m on the annual trade in with Apple’s iPhone Upgrade Program. I have a matte black 7 Plus. I just pre ordered the 8 Plus in Silver. It looks so nice. It has everything the X has minus the secondary ois on the telefoto lens but I’d rather use 1.8 on the primary lens than the 2.4 secondary even with ois. I can always post process crop for the rare times I need zoom. Anyhow the 8 Plus otherwise has all the same features minus the selfie animoji stuff which isn’t a big deal to me. I’d rather have the notchless rectangle screen, bezels and home button. So I’m excited. Mine is delivering on the 22nd.

markwebb

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
Do you carry both phones all day or swap them out? I never had two personal phones, I have a second phone for work but it's also an iPhone but if it were an android i wouldn't still carry it to use both OS's. just curious how multiple phone users swap their personal phones and why.
Sometimes I carry both especially when I travel, etc. I use both Project Fi and now TMO (was on VZW most of my life). I enjoy software and like learning both: I never understood this rabid rivalry as they both do the same thing but a bit differently. Again, neither is perfect.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes I carry both especially when I travel, etc. I use both Project Fi and now TMO (was on VZW most of my life). I enjoy software and like learning both: I never understood this rabid rivalry as they both do the same thing but a bit differently. Again, neither is perfect.

I agree I don’t understand the rabid brand loyalty for either but carrying two phones for work drives me nuts, thankfully it’s only during work hours. I get both have their flavours but it still wouldn’t bring me to carry two phones intentionally. But that’s me, thanks for replying :)

garyf33

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Not planning on upgrading to 8 plus or IPhone X because to me both would be a downgrade in storage for me plus the IPhone X is a first generation in a new design and I'm sure it will have kinks to work out. So I'll be sticking with my 128GB 7 plus.

Hopefully 2018 Apple will bring a 6 inch or bigger IPhone out then maybe I'll upgrade.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Not planning on upgrading to 8 plus or IPhone X because to me both would be a downgrade in storage for me plus the IPhone X is a first generation in a new design and I'm sure it will have kinks to work out. So I'll be sticking with my 128GB 7 plus.

Hopefully 2018 Apple will bring a 6 inch or bigger IPhone out then maybe I'll upgrade.

Apparently they’ve started working on a Note 8 size iPhone X.

sboj_evets

Jul 12, 2017
Visit site
From a value perspective, I think its best to go with the iPhone 8 Plus. But I love the added features of the iPhone X, so I'll be holding out for that. Its a long wait for October 27th!!

alex23191

Sep 21, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys, need to pick your brains. I've been using an iPhone 6 Plus since it's release in 2014 but wasn't convinced at all by the 6S so I waited and waited. Since I am a heavy user, I can feel my 6 has aged. Now my dilemma is should I go and take advantage of the slightly reduced price of the 7 or just get the flashy 8? My budget is certainly not one that can afford the X, regrettably... Thoughts?

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, need to pick your brains. I've been using an iPhone 6 Plus since it's release in 2014 but wasn't convinced at all by the 6S so I waited and waited. Since I am a heavy user, I can feel my 6 has aged. Now my dilemma is should I go and take advantage of the slightly reduced price of the 7 or just get the flashy 8? My budget is certainly not one that can afford the X, regrettably... Thoughts?

Are you going to buy your new phone outright or with monthly payments through a carrier?

What carrier are you with? I know trading in with Verizon it will take $200 off your total monthly payment if you do a device payment agreement for the iPhone 8 Plus. My mom just traded her 16 GB iPhone 6 in for $200 off an 8 Plus. That might be something to consider!

Chuck_loads

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
As a chronic phone switcher I will be passing this cycle perhaps. The regular 8 an 8 plus just not enough to justify it to me. My 7 plus is serving me fine don’t do many portrait shots an wireless charging I don’t want to remove my case for it to work. The 10 I will wait till i can get hands on an see user reviews. If it’s great done deal I’ll upgrade if not I’ll wait till next year for the touched up version. An as note 7 user prior to this Samsung stepped up their game this year but I won’t be duped again for touchwiz.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77