Anyone planning on using their Switch as a tablet?

wrldwzrd89

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
If the Switch is updated with the support needed, AND I manage to get one, sure. I'll probably use it primarily in portable mode anyhow.

May 16, 2017
Visit site
Oh, please! I think Nintendo was right on this one. If I want to surf the Net or watch movies, I'd rather do it on a real tablet--one considerably larger in size than the Switch. OTOH, my iPad doesn't hold a candle to the Switch when it comes to gaming.

I personally would rather Nintendo spend their time on making the best possible gaming experience rather than spreading themselves too thin trying to match the tablet functionality we already have on the tablets we already own and use daily. Lessee a really robust Virtual Console vs yet another web browser. Which would YOU prefer Nintendo focus on? I know my preference. YMMV.

Robert Newman4

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
I personally would rather Nintendo spend their time on making the best possible gaming experience rather than spreading themselves too thin trying to match the tablet functionality we already have on the tablets we already own and use daily. Lessee a really robust Virtual Console vs yet another web browser. Which would YOU prefer Nintendo focus on? YMMV.

Agreed, they should focus on expanding the number of games for Switch. That's what Nintendo does best - great games!

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, they should focus on expanding the number of games for Switch. That's what Nintendo does best - great games!

Agree. We've had ours for a few days now and everyone loves it, esp the kids. We probably won't be using it as a tablet. Gaming is what it's for and that's a good thing!

GlassHasMass

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
That'd be sweet if Nintendo opened it up to other uses. I haven't played the Switch yet, but another screen that could be used as a standard would be handy.

I totally agree!

Another thought I just had is...

What if Nintendo made it say that you could buy joycons that are designed to mod you smart phone....

And turn it INTO a Switch!

Imagine if you could just pay 50-100$ to make your Phone a Switch!

That'd be AMAZING!

Anybody agree?

wrldwzrd89

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I totally agree!

Another thought I just had is...

What if Nintendo made it say that you could buy joycons that are designed to mod you smart phone....

And turn it INTO a Switch!

Imagine if you could just pay 50-100$ to make your Phone a Switch!

That'd be AMAZING!

Anybody agree?
Yes, but knowing Nintendo and mobile they're not that daring. Great idea!

splatune

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
I want a good way to see what my friends are playing on their Switch and message them and ask if they want to play a game. How is that functionality on the Switch? I think PS4 is kind of the high water mark here (except for that thing where if you have Netflix on your friends still see you as playing whatever game is backgrounded).

wrldwzrd89

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I want a good way to see what my friends are playing on their Switch and message them and ask if they want to play a game. How is that functionality on the Switch? I think PS4 is kind of the high water mark here (except for that thing where if you have Netflix on your friends still see you as playing whatever game is backgrounded).

Nintendo still uses the archaic friend code system, and hasn't learned just how suboptimal their experience is. Sad but true... once connected to a friend, you can't voice chat due to the lack of microphone. I don't know about textual message sending as I had no friends on previous consoles with online features. I too would be interested in knowing if things are better this go around.

xxchai

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
I think it depends how well it functions as a tablet. I might just be able to use it regularly, I've been looking to sell my ipad mini. Hopefully the switch can be a good replacement.

splatune

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
I think if you're trying to replace the iPad with a Switch, it seems like you'd be disappointed. I think it would be as effective as trying to replace a Nintendo Switch with an iPad. They're just trying to do very different things.

Dionne005

Jul 25, 2017
Visit site
So i heard that you can now watch video streaming on the switch? Is that true? I've never seen anyone go through the nintendo switch option or apps if it has any. But yeah it would be cool to watch Netflix and Hulu on it!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2