• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Anyone perfectly happy with their X and not thinking to upgrade this September?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Actually now I'm debating paying the $5 extra a month on iUP and getting a 64GB Max. However, I'm not going to pre-order anything. I'm going to wait for them to hit the stores first and see the Max in person. Technically since the X came out at the end of October I have to pay $50 before I can even pre-order anyway to finish off the 12 payments, and then the pre-order payment + tax will still be there on top. Since I want a Watch more, I'm waiting.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I've had my X (256GB) for 5 months and I'm happy with it. The Max is just too big for me and doesn't suit my needs. My X will fulfill my satisfaction for another year or 2.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Nothing changed my mind. Keeping the X. Series 4 is tempting, but I'm still saying no to that for now.

I am thinking about the series 4 only due to somewhat of a design change. Not upgrading the phone because the design didn't change. Now if the phone was a new design I'd probably upgrade.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I skipped the iPhone XS but I pre-ordered the Apple Watch S4 instead. I don’t see any practical reason why I need to upgrade my iPhone X.

I also checked the Apple store when I woke up for curiosity and the XS and XS Max are still available for pick up at multiple locations in my area. You can tell not too many people upgraded this year. It’s probably the price and the minimal benefits of upgrading from iPhone X to XS.

f46b15a268922c40a4a0aeac08921d91.jpg

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I ended up not upgrading -- though the dual SIM capability really tempted me. So, at least for now, I'm not upgrading as I've been very happy with my X.

And it looks like the XS Max is starting to sell out. For shipping it is telling me Sept 28 to Oct 5 now, and only 1 version can I pick up a store close to me. There are still a handful of models left that can be gotten in stores near me on release day, though I'd need to travel over 200 miles to get them on the 21st.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm not upgrading my iPhone X. Instead a prefer to upgrade my Watch Series 3, since I really liked the new Series 4.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I say it every year, I won’t upgrade, but I’m thinking that I may stick it out this year. I’m hoping iOS 12 will refresh the X for me. I usually do Beta but withheld to obtain the fresh phone feeling when it’s released.

Are you keeping the X or getting an Xs Max?

7ftRussian

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I have iPhone 7 plus (256gb, unlocked) in really great shape still, should I upgrade? Im a little worried that iOS 12 will slow my phone down. Any advise?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I have iPhone 7 plus (256gb, unlocked) in really great shape still, should I upgrade? Im a little worried that iOS 12 will slow my phone down. Any advise?

iOS 12 will absolutely not slow down your 7 plus. It made my 1 year old 5th gen iPad which uses the older iPhone 6s series chip feel at least like a 7. I've been running it on that and my iPhone X since the first public beta a few months ago. I most definitely recommend the upgrade.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I ended up not upgrading -- though the dual SIM capability really tempted me. So, at least for now, I'm not upgrading as I've been very happy with my X.

And it looks like the XS Max is starting to sell out. For shipping it is telling me Sept 28 to Oct 5 now, and only 1 version can I pick up a store close to me. There are still a handful of models left that can be gotten in stores near me on release day, though I'd need to travel over 200 miles to get them on the 21st.

I spoke too soon. The big screen got to me, as well as it having band 71 and dual SIM capability. I'm not thrilled about going back to the large body, like I got used to on the X. On the flip side, I'm thrilled about having all that screen real estate.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I recently switched from dark sky to carrot weather. Apparently it knows what day today is. I'm amused.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180921/3ddb66c793f445a192afa986b3aae5c2.png

CARROT⁵ for the win. I used Dark Sky before as well and CARROT⁵ just works better (get data from Dark Sky) and has more features. The CARROT⁵ Apple Watch complications are more customizable and update timely. Dark Sky never seemed to update on its own or at any regular interval.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman