Anyone holding on to their 8 Plus this year?

Spectrumite

Jul 14, 2018
Visit site
I have the 64GB 8 Plus and especially after iOS 12 there is literally nothing wrong with the phone. I can’t imagine any of the phones released this year are THAT MUCH better than this phone. In benchmark scores it STILL blows any 2018 Android phone out of the water.

I am on the AT&T Next program and can feasibly get any phone I want in January but I’m not sure I even want to. There’s a part of me that just wants to wait and see what is brought to the table next year. Plus I don’t know that I’m ready to give up Touch ID yet. But then there’s the part of me that always needs the latest and greatest.

So my question is...is anyone else holding on to their 8 Plus this year and are COMPLETELY happy with that decision? And what led you to that decision?

I've had my 8 Plus for 5 months now. It is so fast and trouble-free, I don't see trading up for at least another couple of years, and I'm seriously considering making it a 5-year investment. My daughter and son-in-law have the XS Max and, although a definite step up, I agree with you that it's not enough of a step to justify a thousand dollar+ price tag.

ngc

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm holding off, I prefer to update my Apple Watch Series 2 for a Series 4 and my 2016 iPad Pro 12.9 for the new iPad Pro 11", my wife on the other hand, still has en iPhone 6 (which she still loves) but I think I'm going to get her the Xs this month.

anon(10004440)

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I’m debating whether to keep my 7+ or not and go to a 8+. The 7+ is fine for me and just put a new battery in it. Would like the TruTone screen of the 8+ though like my 10.5 Pro has. Haven’t decided if it is worth the change or not yet. Found a good deal on a used 8+ but the old “I know what I have versus don’t know what the other one has been through” has me hesitant.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
The only reason I am holding onto my 8Plus, I have a ways to go before I can upgrade.
I do know, my friend has the XS Max which he says he “loves the phone”!
And I had a chance to test drive it myself. I like how it feels lighter than my 8 Plus, and I am impressed with the speed.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I just put the red XR wallpaper on my phone. Love it with my PR 8+
And although I do like the new Max I am still in awe of my 8+. Yes it is the older form factor BUT it is not outdated by any means in my opinion. In the past I had to have the latest and greatest. I don’t have to anymore. My 8+ works like it did on day one. I have mentioned before.
Life has its bumps and hurdles. I prefer to be smart. As long as it works why change

ab06deg1

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Mine is driving me nuts. Since 12.1 I have sporadically battery drain overnight. ~30%. I tried everything, reset settings, reset all, set up as new, I even changed the freaking battery (it was at 88% after 250 cycles). I even stopped apps in background refresh, I never did that on any iPhone. Hell...I didn’t had this bugs not even on my Note phones.
I thought that with iOS 12 they were focused on performance. It’s the worst os in 8 years of owning iPhones. The Xs is tempting me, I’d like a smaller phone and the gestures, but giving them money with the problems I had lately will be frustrating (my series 4 bricked after an update, the 1st gen butterfly keyboard on my macbook 12 who drove me nuts after half of year and the service changed my keyboard only after Apple admitted that there was a problem, AirPods are down 10% after a 5 minute call and now this phone...).

433eb6e5dbb6a6e94294d48cd9e43b9a.jpg

Sorry for the rant, I needed to offload I still love my Apple products, I think I just want to see a little more effort in this software updates I guess.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner