Anyone coming from Android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I am a dual user both android and Apple. I picked up the 13 pro coming from the S21 5G and wow what a great device Apple has released. Compared to the S21 this new 13 towers over my S21.

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes! I’ve used android and Samsung specifically since the iPhone 3GS. I just sold my z flip 3. Still have my s21, note 10+ and other Samsung stuff I am selling for my switch to apple.

I agree. This device is a beast in every way. Battery life is ridiculously good, especially compared to the z flip 3. Cameras trump anything I’ve ever used. No regrets here. Thanks to Samsung for sucking so bad I took this plunge into the apple world!
I was genuinely terrified to make the jump to iOS after so long on android but after more than a week I am so grateful I did.

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I charged my pro max to 90 percent Thursday at 3:30 pm. It is now 9 am Saturday and I’m still just down to 50 percent. I’ve never used a phone with this kind of battery life. For me this will be a 3 days between charge phone rather than a charge 3 times a day with the Samsungs.

bembol

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Battery on the Pro Max is amazing. Used it all day at work for 12 hours. Played a lot of Asphalt 9, Messages, YouTube and Safari. I still have 43% left.

I’m not worry about charging, battery as I plan to sell it in 6 months.

I love android because I love Customizing, I sold my Samsung Note 20 Ultra recently and have the Z Flip3 and A52 5G.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I’m reading it everywhere, plenty of android users are switching to the iPhone 13 pro/Max.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone 13 is holding its own against the top android devices this year. Again this new release is awesome very nice device.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Battery on the Pro Max is amazing. Used it all day at work for 12 hours. Played a lot of Asphalt 9, Messages, YouTube and Safari. I still have 43% left.

I’m not worry about charging, battery as I plan to sell it in 6 months.

I love android because I love Customizing, I sold my Samsung Note 20 Ultra recently and have the Z Flip3 and A52 5G.

What would you sell your iPhone 13 Pro Max for in six months? Definitely not for a new iPhone...

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Never really switched "away from", having a choice is nice. I do like the fact that in the USA Apple has esim that works flawlessly. Samsung has yet to figure this out to this day aside from picking up an international version off ebay that won't work with Verizon, for example. And no warranty either.

Since going to the big aperture on the S20 the camera has been a huge disappointment with focus and in particular focus linearity. For example if taking a pic of text on a screen or a page out of a book it's crazy blurry in the corners. The S21 Ultra did correct this in post but this presents issues on its own. Pretty bad when my S10+ and Note 10 Plus takes better shots. The 10X periscope zoom is nice to use in bright areas.

Now the Fold3 is interesting in such its camera is "supposed" to suck but in fact it does quite well due software. We see this all the time from new devices as updates apply optimizations to post filtering DSP and the processors are quite powerful to deal with this.

Just going over my 12 Pro Max from upgrading to iOS 15 dev beta back in June I noticed considerable improvements to picture quality particularly in low light.

With the wider apertures on our 13s I can only imagine the improvements we'll see over the months. Can't wait for ProRes video!

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
There seems to be a whole lot of android users switching to the iPhone in India this quarter.

222a914c632c83106feb6c44c3487909.jpg

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
It’s going to be hard to beat the 13 pro IMHO. This new iPhone is nothing less than stellar in performance and speed. So far it beats the S21 series and don’t see the pixel 6 doing anything this year google has disappointed lately.

Stone Cold RN

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
My pixel 5 broke and I needed a phone that night. Haven’t had an iPhone since the 6. Swore I’d never be back. All the store had was iPhone 13. I took it begrudgingly. I’m loving it.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
FFR, your message proved to be telling. Breakdown by an analyst of Apple’s earnings report showed significant YoY India gains. Of course IPhone is starting at a low market share point, so big YoY does not equate to a substantial market share. But it is clear Apple is making India a big priority (including starting iPhone production in India).

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
FFR, your message proved to be telling. Breakdown by an analyst of Apple’s earnings report showed significant YoY India gains. Of course IPhone is starting at a low market share point, so big YoY does not equate to a substantial market share. But it is clear Apple is making India a big priority (including starting iPhone production in India).

Actually you’re wrong again.

Apple is dominating in India within their respective price points eroding sales of “competing” flagship android phones in the process.

ultra-premium segment (Rs 45,000/$600 and above)
iPhone 74% market share

Premium smartphone market (Rs 30,000/$400 and above)
iPhone 44% market share

Bear in mind the tweet I posted was during q4 2021 where as the figures I posted were for q3 2021.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
That’s cherry picking the data.
India is the second biggest market. Apple India had an est. 3 billion in total sales revenue, TTM, though most of that revenue from IPhone. Apple’s share of the market is just a bit under 5%. Samsung is approaching 400% bigger share at around 18%.
Apple should not be trailing Samsung by that much and they won’t, eventually. Apple should be double digit revenue (in billions).
Apple will be net manufacturing exporter from India which was more than enough to remove tariffs to sell in India as well as see Apple employed or subsidiaries employed Indians approaching 30,000. That with its word of mouth potential as well as the Apple stores should see more and more gravitation to iPhones.
A particularly good SE model could be a hit as well as last year’s premium models. But I’d also like to see macs and hearables get going to.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
That’s cherry picking the data.
India is the second biggest market. Apple India had an est. 3 billion in total sales revenue, TTM, though most of that revenue from IPhone. Apple’s share of the market is just a bit under 5%. Samsung is approaching 400% bigger share at around 18%.
Apple should not be trailing Samsung by that much and they won’t, eventually. Apple should be double digit revenue (in billions).
Apple will be net manufacturing exporter from India which was more than enough to remove tariffs to sell in India as well as see Apple employed or subsidiaries employed Indians approaching 30,000. That with its word of mouth potential as well as the Apple stores should see more and more gravitation to iPhones.
A particularly good SE model could be a hit as well as last year’s premium models. But I’d also like to see macs and hearables get going to.

Cherry picking , you do realize apple doesn’t sell a phone under 400 dollars right? In the segments they do sell in they dominate market share in India with a 75% in the $600 and 44% of the $400 segments in the third quarter. Market analysis 101.

Regarding revenue and profit share, apple asp is around $800 dollars vs Samsung around $80 in India. it’s not even close. Samsung can sell as many budget phones as they want but it is disingenuous to claim that apple is trailing Samsung in market share when in reality both company’s are selling phones in completely different segments of the market.

You must admit apple owning 75% market share of the $600 and greater segment in a developing country without any apple stores is quite an accomplishment in itself, leaving 15% percent for Samsung, one plus, and other android oems to fight over. Hence flagship android sales have been plummeting over the last two years in India as well as the rest of the world.

Furthermore apple is currently at capacity manufacturing iPhones. They are completely sold out with demand far outstripping supply. The same cannot be said for the budget android phones oems like Samsung offer. Once again two different segments of the smartphone market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB