Anyone already decided not upgrading to ios 7?

pegasusl

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I wont be upgrading to iOS7

As has been said all have the right to their own choices...mine is that it's just too much of a car crash design wise.
I actually do love some of the features of iOS7 but it's just so ugly and I really do hate the icons and it's overall look that when faced with that it would put me off using my phone.
I think Johnny Ives dropped the ball and produced a shoddy, lazy iOS skin that he hoped would be heralded as wonderful just because his name was attached to it. But if you have to be told that design is good then it's already failed.

Underwhelmed by the 5S and really disappointed in iOS7... Begining to think my last iPhone may well be my last iPhone.

Harley Kid

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I wont be upgrading to iOS7

As has been said all have the right to their own choices...mine is that it's just too much of a car crash design wise.
I actually do love some of the features of iOS7 but it's just so ugly and I really do hate the icons and it's overall look that when faced with that it would put me off using my phone.

I concur with you on most points. I have disabled my auto update on my 4s and refuse to give up my jb. Aside from the UI, the iOS upgrade has some features I would truly like to have, but the good has to outweigh the fugly IMO. You know that they have taken it a bit too far when even a teen girl's (my daughter) initial reaction to the new icons was ... "umm ... Like ... EWW!!" (with wrinkled nose for melodramatic emphasis, of course!)

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Wow! Just thought I'd pop over here from Crackberry to see how iOS7 is being received and it's like being over there on steroids!

Whilst we bicker about whether BB management is to blame for the (perceived) failure of an incredible new OS - too few apps tho! - you seem to be the other way...

So, with apologies to others who will have probably mentioned it previously,

Is iOS7 Apples Windows 8? Is it that much of a departure from what went before?

Just interested...

It's a big change. But people like it unlike the backlash to windows 8.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Wow! Just thought I'd pop over here from Crackberry to see how iOS7 is being received and it's like being over there on steroids!

Whilst we bicker about whether BB management is to blame for the (perceived) failure of an incredible new OS - too few apps tho! - you seem to be the other way...

So, with apologies to others who will have probably mentioned it previously,

Is iOS7 Apples Windows 8? Is it that much of a departure from what went before?

Just trolling...

There ya go... fixed that for ya...

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I just wish they'd release it early as a surprise. I want all that prettiness now. It's what brought me BACK to iPhone - I got my 5 after seeing the ios7 keynote.

BB8130<BB8330<BB9530<Palm Pre<HTC Desire Z<Galaxy S i9000M<iPhone 4<Palm Pixi Plus<Lumia 720<BB 9900<SGS 3<BB Z10<iPhone 5

immu_20

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I have installed iOS 7 kept it for couple of days
I have seen a tweet on twitter regarding 6.1.4 in no-time I have downgraded..!

Fernando289

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded and couldn't regret it more. I have skipped ios 6 because I feared I wouldn't like it and wouldn't be allowed to go back, which in itself is absurd, you should always be able to restore your device to the state it was when you made the decision to buy it(it only sounds logical to me). But my biggest problem was that I used the stock Youtube app that came with ios 5 to store work related data, not just the video favorites but extensive annotations (because the app allowed you to). Since Apple deleted the app without any warning whatsoever during the update process, all that data is now trapped in my backup files, which are encrypted by Apple and I can't get to. Not to mention battery life that now sucks, the UI that is just plain ugly and laggy... but all of that is nothing compared to all the work I lost because Apple erased the app that was already on my device without warning me. If anyone hasn't updated, I warn you to strongly consider if it's something you really want to do. If I could turn back time, I'd rather live without a few apps that stopped working than give up my entire device, which is basically what I'm doing now. Exporting whatever Apple was kind enough to not delete, and moving on to a better tablet. Apple products never again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77