iOS downgrade: 14.6 to 14.5?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Like many here, I'm experiencing a 50-60% increase in battery drain since I upgraded to the iOS 14.6 public version yesterday...and I am not impressed. Before that I was highly impressed with the battery life on my 12 Pro Max.

How can I...or can I even, downgrade back to iOS 14.5 again?

Edit: I just read that Apple...in their great wisdom, is no longer signing iOS 14.5 versions...so now it's not possible for iPhone 12 owners to downgrade. Thanks, Apple. :raised-eyebrow:

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I believe you, but it’s strange that some people are experiencing this and others are not. I did not.
Did you try wiping it and starting fresh?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm sorry you're having these issues. Have you considered contacting Apple Support? As for downgrading, unfortunately, Apple is no longer signing iOS 14.5 or 14.5.1. Here's a link to the story here on iMore, posted on June 2, 2021:

https://www.imore.com/ios-146-or-bu...stopped signing iOS,as first noted by 9to5Mac.

Apple Support has deteriorated tremendously over the last 6-7 years that it’s not at all what it used to be. The chat with an “advisor” is hardly more than one with an AI robot, and the humans you actually speak to are only trained to give you pay answers that protect them from giving any opinions. No rant…just fact. I was actually told that mine was an isolated situation, that there was no hardware or software problem that would show cause for an exchange or trip to the Genius Bar.

Oh well…

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had any battery issues on my 12 Pro Max. Could be an app or two misbehaving. Have you tried swiping the usual suspects out of multitasking? Do you have Background App Refresh enabled? BAR can help your apps run more efficiently, using less resources.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW