Any lines starting at your local AT&T/Apple store?

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I haven't had a chance to check my local AT&T's or Apple stores. But has anyone else here checked their's? Has a line started yet? If so would you take the rest of the week off to join them?

I don't think I would. The longest I would wait is a day. I'm so used to waiting in line at Disneyland for rides, so I'm used to waiting in lines all day. haha :p

dhp1080

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I would guess that 99% of Apple stores (and 100% of AT&T stores) have no lines forming outside of them yet. When we get to the last 2-3 days of waiting, I might consider changing these values.

People are crazy about their iPhones, but some people do have other things to do throughout the day.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm guessing that a lot of people on this forum might be shocked to see very few lines. Think about it. This is no where near as big as the first iPhone. Not even close. We are also a less than a week away. How many commercials or any other kind of advertising have you seen so far? Nada...

anon(1217668)

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Yeah really if you think about it, the iPhone was Apple's first venture into the phone business, and it was quite a groundbreaking adventure at that. This time around, sure it's a little cheaper, has a 3G chip, and a GPS chip. All the rest is with the iPhone 2.0 software if I remember right. When it comes to the differences in the actual hardware it's not that big of a deal. Sure it'll cause more fuss than Brand X's new phone, but nowhere near the original launch.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
i got to ask this question, and mostly as a jab to the Blackberry users... but will people be lining up at the AT&T store for the bold? especially 1 week earlier?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
i got to ask this question, and mostly as a jab to the Blackberry users... but will people be lining up at the AT&T store for the bold? especially 1 week earlier?

Probably not but also keep in mind those people in line at the moment... they are doing for some sort of record and publicity... so to me, it's a bogus line. :cool:

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I'm guessing that a lot of people on this forum might be shocked to see very few lines. Think about it. This is no where near as big as the first iPhone. Not even close. We are also a less than a week away. How many commercials or any other kind of advertising have you seen so far? Nada...

I agree one hundred percent. I don't see it being a problem. I also have not seen any advertisment anywhere since the announcement of the 3G except at the ATT store. I think most of us will be shocked how easy it is and also that news about lines already forming in NY is a stunt. They don't even care for the phone.

GaryUSC

Apr 27, 2005
Visit site
I haven't had a chance to check my local AT&T's or Apple stores. But has anyone else here checked their's? Has a line started yet? If so would you take the rest of the week off to join them?

To put a week of my life on hold just to wait in line at the ATT or Apple stores for the new iPhone? That is way too hardcore....

franciscohilary

Jul 8, 2008
Visit site
hi,,, my name is francisco,,, im from venezuela,, and right now im sitting in a chair i bought,,, in front of the apple store in boylston street in boston,,,, im the first in line and i cant wait to get my iPhone 3G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmeiners

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
I talked to the local AT&T store manager and he stated that at his location if overnight lines were to form they would be asked to leave - "There will be no overnight lines allowed at this location."

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I talked to the local AT&T store manager and he stated that at his location if overnight lines were to form they would be asked to leave - "There will be no overnight lines allowed at this location."

Really? I think that's a good thing that AT&T is doing that. Just because it's ridiculous that people wait more than one day for the iPhone and actually stay over night in front of a store.

joshboldman

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
Really? I think that's a good thing that AT&T is doing that. Just because it's ridiculous that people wait more than one day for the iPhone and actually stay over night in front of a store.

I completely agree. I think I'm going to show up at 7:00am Friday morning. If that's not early enough to get one, then I guess I'll just be waiting. No need to be completely crazy about it, right?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiprasad