Am I the only one who hates ad supported apps?

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'd rather purchase and have no ads than have a free app with ads.

Ads detract from usage in my book. The ads also get in the way, as they are designed to do.

I'd like to have an ad supported free trial app and then if I like it I'd like to be able to pay to make the ads vanish...or purchase an ad free non-trial full version.

How do you guys feel about ad supported apps?

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm fine with them. I mean the app is free. Not much to complain about, when something is free.

Ads don't bother me in the slightest. I just generally don't pay attention to them.

AvisNocturna

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Some developers offer In-App purchases to get the ads out of free apps. Ads are a way for developers to earn some money for smaller apps that nobody would buy if they cost money. Getting exposure in the appstore is very important so sometimes it is better for developers to offer a free app with ads than to offer a paid app without ads since the free version can potentially climb the charts quicker than a paid one unless you are featured by apple in itunes.

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Some developers offer In-App purchases to get the ads out of free apps. Ads are a way for developers to earn some money for smaller apps that nobody would buy if they cost money. Getting exposure in the appstore is very important so sometimes it is better for developers to offer a free app with ads than to offer a paid app without ads since the free version can potentially climb the charts quicker than a paid one unless you are featured by apple in itunes.

i can see that. i understand that whole scenario. I guess I wish that more developers offered in app purchases to get rid of ads. I feel like it makes me a snob.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I only hate ads on a game app, they always seem to be right where something important is on the screen

storagepipe

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I think once you reach about 30 years of age, you begin to realize that nice things (movies, music, apps) are worth paying for. Your time on this earth is short, so you may as well put a bit more effeort in to maximize your enjoyment.

But, this isn't always convenient for younger cash-strapped audience. So it's good that an alternative channel is being provided for them.

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I have n`t tried yet to one of my apps as a devloper.

But things are rough for indies so forgive the devs that use em and if there are ads in an app that worths attention, don`t mention it.
I am sure that if the devs make some profit, their next app will be without ads.
Or do the obvious. Just but the paid version if any.
Eitherways the apps are so cheap and go cheaper all the time.

Cheers
s

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB