Airpod 2 - switching speed and reliability (is it fixed?)

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I’m on my second pair of Airpod series 1, most of the time I do love them, however the magic always fades when I want to switch between my iPhone and iPad and it just doesn’t happen (either takes 15-20 seconds, and will fail from to time).

So to those with series 2, hoping you can share any experiences you have switching between iOS devices. Especially if this was one of your complaints with series 1.

Thanks in advance for any help - Steve

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes Steve, the switching between Apple devices with the Airpods 2nd generation and H1 chip is much faster. I would estimate 95% faster compared to my Airpods 1st generation (2+ years old) with the W1 chip.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the replies, looks like I’m off to the Apple Store for a re-fresh, these AirPods have served me well since December 2016, with both of the ear pieces been replaced under warranty by Apple early into the second year due to battery life issues (and yes I use them for 4+ hours per day, so would have expected them to have been having issues, but Apple replaced them anyway).

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the replies, looks like I’m off to the Apple Store for a re-fresh, these AirPods have served me well since December 2016, with both of the ear pieces been replaced under warranty by Apple early into the second year due to battery life issues (and yes I use them for 4+ hours per day, so would have expected them to have been having issues, but Apple replaced them anyway).

I agree. My Airpods (1st Gen) served me well for a little over two years (purchased Jan 2017) and 4+ hours daily, I definitely welcome the 2 Gen with open arms and ears...LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prairiekid0