• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

7 plus or X

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Congrats on the SG8 plus I've got the same phone also waiting to see what comes next. Just get a cheap trak-phone for them to call your wharehouse no contract cheap minutes.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I have the 7 Plus. Wondering if the X is worth upgrading to. I like the Touch ID and hesitate on the Face ID.

Another problem is with store owners. I drive a delivery truck and sometimes have to give them my phone to talk to my warehouse. Might have to get a SE just as a second phone.

Anyone thinking about waiting until next years’ upgrade? I’m thinking about it.

I opted for an 8+ and am very happy! For the first time, I am going to let the wave pass and then think about the X rationally and not emotionally. My 7+ was awesome and the 8+ is even better. I would either stick with the 7+ or get the 8+ and leave the X for next year.

Having an SE as a work/backup phone is a great idea. Let us know what you decide on.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Sometimes it’s on purpose the careless ness. They get mad at me or my warehouse and just kinda toss it on the counter. These people I don’t trust enough anymore to give my phone.

One time I was on the Beats X and he tried to pull it out of my ear to talk to my warehouse. I pushed his hand away and told my warehouse about it.

Some people I can trust, others I can’t at all.

Oh and the case. Automatically.

No one ever better do that to me. How rude!
No one touches my phone either

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Congrats on the SG8 plus I've got the same phone also waiting to see what comes next. Just get a cheap trak-phone for them to call your wharehouse no contract cheap minutes.

32gb SE is only $149 at Best Buy. They said with Att you have to only pay for the line if you buy the phone. Might just get it. Maybe my work will chip in. Kinda doubt it.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Haha! I can see it now. In a few days you’ll post that you exchanged your 8 Plus for a X

. Everyday I was going into the Apple app and the Best Buy app. Didn’t have money for Apple and Best Buy always said November 30.

Today I had deliveries to Columbus Ohio. Looked at the Best Buy app and they had them about 10 miles from where I was. Went to have a last look since my last return day is Tuesday.

Looked about 5 minutes and said okay. Walked out with a beautiful space gray 256gb iPhone X.

Have one little problem. Since I returned the 8 plus, they said the X is mine. NO RETURNS. So if I have buyers’ remorse I’m out of luck.

Oh well. I guess I have the X now. So far I’m liking the smallness of it compared to the pluses. Haven’t set up Face ID yet. I hope it grows on me because I’m going to have to keep it.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Almost forgot. AppleCare was either $200 upfront or in 60 days or $10 a month. I went with the $10 a month.

They also took back my speck case($45) for the 8 plus. The speck case for the iPhone 8 which is compatible with the X was $40. Zagg screen protector ($40) plus tax on the iPhone was about 7.5%. WOW. Michigan is only 6%. Oh well.

FACE ID was a cinch to set up. Looks at you and then you wipe up from the bottom. Sometimes with TOUCH ID if my finger was wet after two or three times I’d have to put in the password. I’ve had this phone for about 7 hrs and I’m starting to really like it.

Typing is taking a little to get used too on a little smaller keyboard.

Last edited:

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I held out with my 7 Plus... until today lol. Looked up inventory through Apple Store app. Low and behold they had some stock of space gray 64GB. Nabbed it before it was too late hehehe.

I’m very stoked. It’s actually growing on me much more than I thought. FaceID is wicked fast and practically unnoticeable... almost like magic.

Needless to say the 7 Plus will be going up for sale.

d7a5c2365e58a6a4863a719c9b4a0599.jpg

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Almost forgot. AppleCare was either $200 upfront or in 60 days or $10 a month. I went with the $10 a month.

They also took back my speck case($45) for the 8 plus. The speck case for the iPhone 8 which is compatible with the X was $40. Zagg screen protector ($45) plus tax on the iPhone was about 7.5%. WOW. Michigan is only 6%. Oh well.

FACE ID was a cinch to set up. Looks at you and then you wipe up from the bottom. Sometimes with TOUCH ID if my finger was wet after two or three times I’d have to put in the password. I’ve had this phone for about 7 hrs and I’m starting to really like it.

Typing is taking a little to get used too on a little smaller keyboard.

Congrats on getting the X!

But why did they give you a case for the 8? Speck makes X cases.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
The case says it’s for the iPhone 8. But it also says it’s compatible with the X. It’s a good tough case. It’s not fancy, but it’s tough enough.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
The case says it’s for the iPhone 8. But it also says it’s compatible with the X. It’s a good tough case. It’s not fancy, but it’s tough enough.

Just curious about the camera opening - is it bigger to accommodate the vertical placement on the X?

zenjen

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site
I’ve seen where a few case vendors got ahead of Apple and labeled their new cases as iPhone 8, when in fact the device got named iPhone X.

In recent shopping, I’ve seen at least a couple of these situations and the boxes now have stickers that say ‘compatible with iPhone X’.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
That’s what mine had. The case is good enough for me so I’m keeping it. A friend of mine got the 64gb silver and is keeping it In a clear case. I don’t like the clear one so I went with black.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
. Everyday I was going into the Apple app and the Best Buy app. Didn’t have money for Apple and Best Buy always said November 30.

Today I had deliveries to Columbus Ohio. Looked at the Best Buy app and they had them about 10 miles from where I was. Went to have a last look since my last return day is Tuesday.

Looked about 5 minutes and said okay. Walked out with a beautiful space gray 256gb iPhone X.

Have one little problem. Since I returned the 8 plus, they said the X is mine. NO RETURNS. So if I have buyers’ remorse I’m out of luck.

Oh well. I guess I have the X now. So far I’m liking the smallness of it compared to the pluses. Haven’t set up Face ID yet. I hope it grows on me because I’m going to have to keep it.

I knew it!!!:p I hope you're enjoying your new X!!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I’ve seen where a few case vendors got ahead of Apple and labeled their new cases as iPhone 8, when in fact the device got named iPhone X.

In recent shopping, I’ve seen at least a couple of these situations and the boxes now have stickers that say ‘compatible with iPhone X’.

I saw several different names on packaging when the X was just released. iPhone X, iPhone X Edition, 2017 iPhone, iPhone 8. I think the craziest was some company I'd never heard of that said iPhone X Special Edition 10th Anniversary 2017. Or something like that. I guess they just put every name they'd heard just to be sure. LOL

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman