4s video vs regular camcorder?

cnote5153

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
My daughter has a new iPhone 4s 16g. Her husband has a 32g. In a couple of weeks, they will also have a new baby. Does the video capability of the 4s rival a lower level (<$500) camcorder? If I bought them a new camcorder, would they ever use it? Or is the 4s video good enough that it would be a hassle to pull out the camcorder?:confused:

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
The 4 and 4s video quality is excellent in good light, just like the still shots.

How does it compare to an actual camcorder? I would assume the camcorder would be better due to larger sensor and better glass, but that's just a guess.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

Reactions: cnote5153

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Its a very good camcorder. 500 dollars worth though would get you a pretty decent camcorder too.

Not to familiar with camcorders though,
So
I recorded a concert (post hardcore) i recently went to. You can check out the quality if you want. Flashing lights, loud music, yeah. I think it turned out pretty good. Make sure you play it in 1080p. If that helps your decision in any way.

Dille21's Channel - YouTube

Last edited:
Reactions: cnote5153

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone 4s video is good but to be honest it's not near as good as a hd camcorder. The camcorder is much better at turning videos into DVDs and things IMO. To me the iPhone 4s is only when I don't have my camcorder with me! 500 bucks can buy a good camcorder

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Here is an example of the video quality. This is also a concert vid. The lighting is crap and I had my thumb over the mic to cut down the noise. It was LOUD.

Oh yea, and Priest rocks! \mm/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2