16gb vs 32gb Iphone 5c

I

iMore Question

I need to decide whether I should get the 16gb or the 32gb Iphone 5c... I read some postss where they say, "The 32gb is for people who take an average ammount of pictures and have a decent sized music selection" well I don't know how many pictures an average person takes or how big a decent sized music collection is.. So if anyone could help me out here you would be my hero... on my current phone I have 340 pictures and some videos... I've had the phone for around 7 months and I do go through and clean out some pictures every once in a while. Also I have around 60 to 70 songs downloaded, but I generally don't listen to them and I use Pandora for most of my music so I could go for just downloading around 20 songs that I can just have if I ever want a specific song. I'm not very heavy on gaming, I play Imobsters and temple run from time to time and I don't download a whole lot of apps.. I have exactly 12 apps and I only really use the games Google Keep and Pandora. So based on that information could someone tell me which one to get? I can answer any questions you may need to ask about usage if you want. Thanks again

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you can swing it, get the 32 GB version. The extra space will give you peace of mind in case you decide you want to add more data, music, videos and photos to it in the future.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Most people don't think about this either but the actual space available on the 16GB is 12.8. So if you have 4GB of apps, that leaves 8GB or so for anything else which isn't really much.

32GB iPhone (or any other phone, not just iPhone just like with the 16GB) has about 27.5GB of space for you to use.

Rowanova

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Go for the 32 GB model. Long story, but I upgraded to the new 5S but only got the 16GB model when it came out. I'll be struggling with storage until the next new iPhones come to market. At that point I'll get the 32GB, maybe, or I may jump to. A 64GB and ensure myself piece of mind that I currently lack.
Good lick to you.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I always suggest to get the largest capacity iPhone you can afford HOWEVER by the description you've included in your post and knowing not everyone has deep pockets :) I think you will be very happy going with the 16. I know many people with this size that function quite nicely.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I always suggest to get the largest capacity iPhone you can afford HOWEVER by the description you've included in your post and knowing not everyone has deep pockets :) I think you will be very happy going with the 16. I know many people with this size that function quite nicely.
Yep, and I'm one of those people...:)....I do not store music, video, or a lot of photos on my device. I'm 90% all business with it....lol

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I have a 16gb and have just over 10gb available. I don't store music or videos and have around 50 photos. It depends on the user.

93Aero

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Definately get the 32gb you won't regret it, I purchased the iPhone to be able to get a few apps I needed. But now I'm wishing I would've purchased a higher/ highest storage capacity.
Photos shouldn't factor into it because they can be housed in Box Dropbox or Skydrive and not on device.