can apple switch sims so I can have my i5 with AT&T instead of Sprint

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: I need to know

You gamed the system Bully for you... I gather the OP's phone is in fine working order other than owing money to Sprint... so you're advocating misrepresenting that to Apple in order to obtain a device with a "clean" ESN... that's just wrong.

Does it whatever. I am just speaking the truth. It shady. But if u want to clean your esn then that the only way.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: I need to know

Does it whatever. I am just speaking the truth. It shady. But if u want to clean your esn then that the only way.
No, it's not the only way to a clean ESN... pay the bill.... the ESN would be clean for an honest resale. Sorry to go all Captain Obvious on you...

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
And exactly how do you think your going to get away without paying Sprint their money owed? They will send it to collections and eventually you will have to pay. You just can't ignore it and hope it goes away.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
And exactly how do you think your going to get away without paying Sprint their money owed? They will send it to collections and eventually you will have to pay. You just can't ignore it and hope it goes away.

To be fair, collections doesn't really stop anyone from avoiding debt, lol

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

That is true. It will never go away. It will only hurt u in the long run. My mom did a name change when she had Nextel to my name. So then a couple of years go by and this is no lie. She apply for a home loan to buy a coop and chase Didn't approve her loan because she had a outstanding balance of like 5 dollars to Nextel. Wow 5 dollars

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
That is true. It will never go away. It will only hurt u in the long run. My mom did a name change when she had Nextel to my name. So then a couple of years go by and this is no lie. She apply for a home loan to buy a coop and chase Didn't approve her loan because she had a outstanding balance of like 5 dollars to Nextel. Wow 5 dollars

WTF !?!?!?!?!?!

c_elliott83

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Wow a lot of conflicting info in this thread. Last time I checked, which was last Friday, They activate the phone before you leave the store. At least thats what they did to me. The only way that you can get by with not activating it is, send it off and when they return it just don't activate it. Throw a dummy phone on the account. Or even though you owe a bill, you can still get a cheapo dummy phone, call in and throw it on the account to release the ip5, and there you go. I buy and sell phones and I keep dummies around for this reason. If the original account holder has a bill owed, Ill let them call in and do that so it releases the phone I'm buying. This would be a good logical way to get around your situation, besides paying the bill.

As for will the Sprint ip5 work on At&t? What I've gathered is if you want it fully unlocked (worldwide) you have to jailbreak also. Otherwise it will only unlock for international use. If you had verizon it would be a different story. They are globally unlocked. You can put a att sim in a vzw ip5 and give it a few and it will pick up att.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

It's called taking responsibility for your own actions, something most people tend to avoid like the plague these days. :not-interested:

I had an ETF when I dumped Sprint even though it was their fault. I value my credit score and paid them off over the course of a few months.